new to site

Options
Hi. I am new to here and hoping this will help keep me motivated. I started my weight loss quest on October 7, 2013. So far I have lost 34.6 lbs. I need at least 50 to 100 more gone. I work out 5 days a week at curves. This has definately wored for me as I have also lostn38 inches . I also walk 2 to 3 miles every day. I try to keep my calorie intake at areound 1500 calories a day but sometimes find it hard to keep up with it. Is there anything I can do to speednup the weight loss? I am averaging 2 lbs a week but would like to speed it up a bit. Any suggestions?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you are off to a great start, and 2 lbs/week is really great progress! Unfortunately the only way to speed up the loss is to increase the deficit. I would suggest just continuing what you are doing since it is working fine. If you try to cut out more calories or workout more you run the risk of burning yourself out, but you will have to decide for yourself what you can handle. Congratulations on your progress so far and keep up the good work!
  • kat17618
    Options
    Thanks. I am working hard to lose the weight. I lost weight once before, when I was a lot younger, and it didn't stay off. Probably because it came off really fast. I am 58 now and this seems like such a chore some days. I just keep plugging away hoping to get to my goal. Luckily I have my husband and a friend who both keep me going. Just wish there was a quicker, easier way to lose!