I get hated on because I like.....

Options

Replies

• SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I get hated on because I like the Dallas Cowboys and because I refuse to be a Houston Texan's fan.
  • Cyan99
    Cyan99 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not picking a football team. In Britain this is apparently a horrific sin.

Oh, and contemporary art.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Deep Space 9. As a Trekkie, I'm supposed to hate it, but it was my fave Star Trek! #NoShame

My husband would totally agree with you!

ETA: I thought it was Voyager everyone was supposed to hate, cause you know, Janeway.....

Mine, science teacher.

Today I enjoyed crushing a student's dreams by explaining to her everything that was scientific bull**** from "Mermaids, the body found".
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'm surrounded by people who accept the things I like, even if they don't share the interest, and I don't have to associate with people who would give me a hard time for liking what I do. It helps that I only have to deal with a small number of people on any given day due to working from home with a very small number of people by E-mail.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Deep Space 9. As a Trekkie, I'm supposed to hate it, but it was my fave Star Trek! #NoShame

ETA: I thought it was Voyager everyone was supposed to hate, cause you know, Janeway.....

This ^^ was exactly my thought when I read that post.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Steven Seagal movies.

....and Nickelback
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I watch that Here Comes Honey Boo Boo show obsessively. I've even friended the mom on Facebook. I disagree with like 99.999% of her parenting decisions, but for some reason I genuinely like her and her family.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Jacked Up Trucks.... Both my brothers told me because I'm a girl I shouldn't want a truck let alone one I need a ladder to get into.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OFbGRlPNbqkElRaKg97Zv8HMnQ9qrhU-koRkhH4RIpZoIrJ0Vw

Told them both to go blow it up their tail pipe I will have one...someday.

Girls love their toys.

I drive a four door Chevy Silverado , it's not jacked up but I love driving it. License plate is personalized with my name, a number and reads Texas Tough. Hope you get yours sooner than later:wink:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'm surrounded by people who accept the things I like, even if they don't share the interest, and I don't have to associate with people who would give me a hard time for liking what I do. It helps that I only have to deal with a small number of people on any given day due to working from home with a very small number of people by E-mail.

You must not have sisters.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We all have a few things that people hate on us for liking. Feel free to share yours.

I'll go first. Let the hating begin.

4257233600_nickelback_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

Chargers2.gif

I love you.....:heart:
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Tattoos....
    Country music...
    Miley Cyrus...
    Not wanting to eat meat or dairy....
    Xbox .....
    World of Warcraft....

I like Miley Cyrus too!! Everyone hates on her, but she is doing nothing wrong!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

haha I have 2 sisters, and get teased all the time for the things i love.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    hummus... like LOVE IT and eat it everyday... and I mix it with tuna (looks like cat puke)

because I don't like pecan pie

hot stocky guys with hard beer guts instead of 6 pack abs
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Six_SuperBowls_WEB__Trophys_104279.jpg
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I usually get hated on for being a Philadelphia sports fan.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

haha I have 2 sisters, and get teased all the time for the things i love.

I have two sisters as well and get teased relentlessly.

I do not think the OP of this thread was meaning literal hate. I, get teased and mocked for still watching GH, but I do not care, only the people that love me the most do it. I think if I lived in a world where everyone agreed with what I did and did not give me a hard time about anything, I would have to check myself......and my friends. Either they are talking behind my back or scared to death to disagree with me.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I think tracking macros > counting calories. Yeah I said it. What of it?!?!
    Country music
    My sarcasm. Most people can't appreciate the awesomeness.
    Dislike of sports
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Jacked Up Trucks.... Both my brothers told me because I'm a girl I shouldn't want a truck let alone one I need a ladder to get into.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OFbGRlPNbqkElRaKg97Zv8HMnQ9qrhU-koRkhH4RIpZoIrJ0Vw

Told them both to go blow it up their tail pipe I will have one...someday.

Girls love their toys.

I drive a four door Chevy Silverado , it's not jacked up but I love driving it. License plate is personalized with my name, a number and reads Texas Tough. Hope you get yours sooner than later:wink:

My Hubby feels the same as my brothers.... I tried talking him into a Jacked Up Jeep ...gotta big fat NO on that one too.

One day, oh and a tattoo ..... I have wanted one since I was 15, and my dad, brothers, and hubby all say no.... of course the only one I really care to please is my Hubby. He just doesn't like tattoos on women.

I am sure one of these days he will cave, and I will get my way.... To be fair he has never told me NO to the tattoo. Just that he does not like them, and he regrets his tattoos. The truck I can understand that right now with kids in school....my big girl toys will have to wait.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Ryan Seacrest
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Toronto Maple Leafs Fan here.

And a HUGE Marilyn Manson fan.