Maintainers - Did your boobs get better eventually?

Options
Hi MFPers!

I am relatively new here. I have been lurking for a long time but want to get more involved in the community. I mainly track on Weight Watchers but really like the forums here on MFP. I have read possibly every boob thread on this board and the main thing I get from them is yeah - your boobs are going to be bad - if you want to fix them save up for surgery. But there are a few gems in there where women have said that their boobs got a bit saggy but improved over time. I know that this depends on a lot of factors, (amount of weight lost, age, skin elasticity, how much weight you gained in that area etc) but I'm looking for those women who have maintained for 6 - months or a year. Have your boobs improved??

I have been severely worried about this, as I have 70 to lose but I am 5'9'' so that helps a bit I hope. I am 30 and still single and also wondering if this is a big thing for guys. I know - a guy worth their salt who really cares won't care...but do they really??

I am trying to be optimistic but am looking for other success stories or women who have had theirs turn out better than they imagined or have had theirs improve over time. I know they will never look like they did before but when I read things like "pancake boobs, severely deflated, fried eggs nailed to a tree" I get really worried and wonder if these are exaggerations or not.

I've read one blog post online which makes me have a bit of hope, a person in Atlanta who said she lost 70 and was so saddened when she got to her goal weight because her boobs were saggy, but she kept up her routine of good nutrition, weights, and in about a year her skin adjusted and look good again. But the majority of what i've read on this subject on MFP has been negative. Looking for those success stories if possible and any encouragement! Thank you so much for reading and responding in advance!

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your age and genetics but if anything will help lifting weights might. Build up muscle under everything and hope for the best would be my advice. I need to start taking my own advice. I've gotten absolutely slothly lately!
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to follow this post! I had always just resigned myself to "fried eggs nailed to a tree"... what imagery!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm only just moving into maintenance and already my boobs are getting better. I've been putting oil on them regularly to help with the skin's elasticity and I think they're actually getting slightly bigger again too (even though my weight hasn't gone up).

I've been lifting the whole time, though, and even when my boobs weren't quite at their best, my bum looked fantastic.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    what boobs... i now have pectorals with a serious line of definition. but hey... i save on bras!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Ok, my situation is probably different. I never gained a lot of weight, but I have had two children. My breasts did get bigger, but not a lot. I finished having children before I was 30, and I had lost all my baby weight by 6 months postpartum (after the baby was born I really only had around 10 pounds to lose and that was just for my own personal vanity sake). And I have nice skin (I didn't get stretch marks, except some very tiny, light ones on my thighs that are not visible because they are small and not deep). So, anyway, after I weaned my second baby (I was 30 years old at that time), my breasts seemed a little less perky and I was worried, but they did firm back up again in a few months, amazingly well (I was very relieved). They aren't going to be exactly like they were before I had kids (they seem a little bit smaller to me), but the difference is really only noticeable to me. I also found that I need to wear a bra with a 28 band size to get a proper fit, so the cups are located on my breasts and not too far apart. Having a good fitting bra is much more comfortable. I also did use creams and lotions on my breasts. My breasts are still self supporting and I can dance around naked (at home).
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm not in maintenance yet, but I can relate to your post.
    If you're just starting out, I wouldn't stress too much about the boob situation. I'm 5'6", 27 with no children (yet), and I've lost 63 pounds over the past 12 months. I've lost a full cup size in that time (I went from a 38D to a 34C), but I actually like my boobs much better now, as they are a lot perkier than they used to be. I think the key for me was that I've been losing my weight pretty slowly (about a pound a week after the first month), and I've also done a lot of body weight and resistance training that strengthened the muscles underneath my breast tissue. I also try to stay well-hydrated.

I'm sure the end results are highly individualized because there are a variety of factors to consider, but I think you shouldn't worry too much. Just take things slow, incorporate some weight training into your routine, stay hydrated, and fuel your body appropriately. :smile:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've also been using oil on my boobs. I started when they started drooping. that was the place I have had the best results (vitamin E oil (not sure if the "with keratin" version is helping any more)). I also do weighted chest/shoulder workouts. the boobies... they are much smaller than when I started. but I am more upset about that than my boyfriend is. and really, would you want to commit yourself to someone who wouldn't want you because of your boobs?
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Would love to know if my boobs can get bigger (and better!) too.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

I've heard this....really wonder if it's true...
  • DrAnomoly
    Options
    Can't say one way or the other because i'm not knowledgeable there but what i can comment on is your question about what guys think.

Do guys care about if your breast or saggy, Yes. Do they care if your butt is saggy, Yes. Do they care if your whole body is saggy, Yes.

The same way that women care if a guy has a saggy chest, saggy butt or saggy body. I know what your thinking 'wait for me it wouldn't really matter if we have that connection'... Guess what - it's the SAME for guys. if you were the #1 hottest girl on the planet, i can bet you that many guys would not find you attractive. What I'm getting at is everyone is different and has different preferences, you might not attract every guy you come across, but you will attract a guy who likes you for you (if that means firm or saggy or great personality or weird laugh... you for you) and at the end of the day, that's what you want. Because in the end we all are old and saggy...

For me personally I like a woman - a confident woman - a confident woman with great humor and personality. Guess what, non of that has to do with breast size or saggyness - and there are many guys in the world with the same opinion.

If a guy dumps you because your breast are not perfect, GOOD - you don't want to be with a guy like that anyway!

I could go on.... but

i'll get off my soap box.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Idk, but I don't think the tips will be very damaging if its not true.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Can't say one way or the other because i'm not knowledgeable there but what i can comment on is your question about what guys think.

Do guys care about if your breast or saggy, Yes. Do they care if your butt is saggy, Yes. Do they care if your whole body is saggy, Yes.

The same way that women care if a guy has a saggy chest, saggy butt or saggy body. I know what your thinking 'wait for me it wouldn't really matter if we have that connection'... Guess what - it's the SAME for guys. if you were the #1 hottest girl on the planet, i can bet you that many guys would not find you attractive. What I'm getting at is everyone is different and has different preferences, you might not attract every guy you come across, but you will attract a guy who likes you for you (if that means firm or saggy or great personality or weird laugh... you for you) and at the end of the day, that's what you want. Because in the end we all are old and saggy...

For me personally I like a woman - a confident woman - a confident woman with great humor and personality. Guess what, non of that has to do with breast size or saggyness - and there are many guys in the world with the same opinion.

If a guy dumps you because your breast are not perfect, GOOD - you don't want to be with a guy like that anyway!

I could go on.... but

:drinker:

Now if I can just make myself believe that. I don't know why so many of us, men and women both, hold ourselves to much higher standards of beauty than we hold others to. I don't expect a man to be physically perfect, but I expect him to expect me to be.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

I could go on.... but

I don't expect a man to be physically perfect, but I expect him to expect me to be.

yep
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

Idk, but I don't think the tips will be very damaging if its not true.

I guess it makes sense. I'll just have to go bra-less as much as I can :smile:
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, thank all of you so much for your replies. I really appreciate them and your opinions. Also to dr. Thanks so much, i know you are right and am probably going to come back and read that post often to remind myself of what is important.

I have read the article about no bras before and its interesting. Not sure if I am brave enough to try it yet though.
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for replying and great job on your weight loss. Good to know of another instance where things have improved! Alsp good point about the butt...I can still probably get an awesome butt.
  • DrAnomoly
    Options

I could go on.... but

:drinker:

Now if I can just make myself believe that. I don't know why so many of us, men and women both, hold ourselves to much higher standards of beauty than we hold others to. I don't expect a man to be physically perfect, but I expect him to expect me to be.

I don't expect a man to be physically perfect, but I expect him to expect me to be. .... why is that?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't expect a man to be physically perfect, but I expect him to expect me to be.

Wait, WTF?
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

I'd love to try it, but oh my gosh, that would not look good....