Taiwanese Bakery - Please Help

Options
Hi all!

I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. I love you guys!

I have never posted before, but could use some help. I have a daily calorie allowance of 1310 calories. I am 6'2" (a giant in a good way) and I weigh 210 lbs. I try to keep my calories around 1200-1300 each day and I exercise everyday by going on a 20-30 minute walk. It's not much, but it gives me a few extra calories each week to have 1 "free" meal. Ultimately, I just make sure my calories are on target for the week as a whole, It works for me.

I am going to Disneyland on Saturday (my husband and I have the year pass) and we are stopping at a bakery on the way called 85 degrees. I emailed them looking for calorie information and they said they won't have it for a few more months.

Does anyone know or have an estimate for how many calories I could expect to find in the following Taiwanese delights:
Iced Sea Salt Coffee
Rose Bread with Cream Cheese/Cranberry Filling
Chocolate Chip Bread
Milk Pudding Muffin
Garlic Cheese Bread
Sugared Cream Cheese Brioche
Green Onion Bread
Sugar Toast

Even guesses would be helpful. I hate going in blind.

Thanks!

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would just say, go and have your treat and not worry about it.

If you are doing well overall this trip is not going to make a difference in the long run.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would just say, go and have your treat and not worry about it.

If you are doing well overall this trip is not going to make a difference in the long run.

I agree with this.

If you REALLY want, you can look up recipes and input the recipe in the recipe builder, but seems like a lot of work for a one-day break. I personally would quick-add like 3000 calories (or whatever number) and make a note in the box that you were at disney that day so you can remember.

A calorie spike day can actually be beneficial for leptin levels after a long stretch of calorie restriction.
  • JillCan
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Besides you will be walking tons!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Agree w/ above.

Besides, at 6' 2" and a regular intake of 1200-1300 cals, you need a diet break. Seriously, I'd go nuts eating that little and I'm 5'3"!