No late night snacking - 09/06-09/12

Options
The challenge continues! (to challenge us). If you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

We usually do month-by-month, but are now changing to week-to-week to get more support. (But feel free to keep a tally of your month achievements too)

Join at ANY time, with each of individually tallying at the end of each week and even the month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a week or month of success, then you are a winner!

Can't wait to see you on the here. We'd love to have your support.

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Weekly tally: Start of new week. Let you know tomorrow morning (0 me/0 snacks)

September tally: 5 me/0 snacks
  • Kevster75
    Options
    Peppermint is said to supress the appetite... so a peppermint tea/peppermint gum or even just a handful of peppermint shoved against your face for a few seconds should do the trick...

Let me know if this works! ;)

Good Luck! :)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    For those of us who need something in our stomach--or we get heartburn--and do not want to take heartburn pills--...
    I eat yogurt right before I go to bed. The reason this works is I have kept within my calorie minimum and maximum, I kept below my fat allotment (it's fat-free yogurt), and yogurt acts sort of like that warm cup of milk before bedtime.

The salty snacks are treacherous for a diet--at any time of day. Banish them from your house, along with sodas. And, of course, drink lots of good old water/H2O/plain green or chamomile tea/etc.

Have fun! :drinker: (water)
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo, thanks for keeping this challenge going. :flowerforyou:
    I need to do this. I know it works if I just stick with it. Maybe weekly will work better (certainly easier to keep track of).
    My cut-off time is 9:30 p.m. - nothing caloric after then. So, tonight will be my Day 1 of no late night snacks.
    Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
    P.S. I like the peppermint idea, Kevster. Thanks! :drinker:
    I think I also need to go back to using the teeth whitening strips or flossing and brushing right before cut-off time. Not so likely to eat or drink after going to all that trouble.:laugh:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. I'll decide a food cut off and not eat after that time. What kind of time cut off are other people setting? I sometimes work til 8pm so my cut off might have to be 8:30 or 9 pm to allow me to still have evening meal. But definitely no snacks!
    Good luck
    Gem x
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo in!

I have been a lot better since I have joined this challenge a couple of month ago, but I need reinforcement now more than ever.

NO EATING AFTER DINNER!
  • zaza54
    Options
    That's where this challenge comes in. We can support and motivate ourselves and each other. Stay strong tonight!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I like the peppermint tea idea. Think I'll get some on the way home in the morning.

Me 1 / Snacks 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Weekly tally: 0 me/1 snacks - Dang, they snuck up on me last night. But I'm back in the game.

September tally: 5 me/1 snacks
  • zaza54
    Options
    I made it through my first night. Tonight will be my Day 2 of no late night snacks.
    Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good news: me - 2; snacks - 0
    How is everyone else doing?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Weekly tally: 0 me/2 snacks
    Vacation mode and driving late. Tonight I can do it!

September tally: 5 me/2 snacks
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Me 1 / Snacks 1 .....Stayed up too late last night. Tonight we're on!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Weekly tally: 1 me/2 snacks

September tally: 6 me/2 snacks
  • zaza54
    Options
    So far so good:
    Me-4; Snacks -0
    I actually threw out some of my unsweetened iced tea w/juice because ti was a little after my cut-off time and I didn't want to cheat even tho ther could it could only have been a few calories left in my glass.
    The week-edn will be the real test.
    Zaza
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Weekly tally: 4 me/2 snacks

September tally: 8 me/2 snacks
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Sorry guys, my computer has been wacky. So I'll not be able to post as much till i figure something better out.

i thinks the snacks got 3 days this week at least. Maybe next will be better. :drinker:
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Omg, I SO need to stop eating past, say, 8 or 9:00 at night. I am awful about that! So, I guess tomorrow will be my start day (since it's midnight and I just had a yogurt, lol).
  • usernom
    Options
    i would be interested to hear if this causes anyone to have insomnia lol

i absolutely cannot sleep if i am hungry even in the slightest
  • zaza54
    Options
    I do have a hard time falling asleep if I am hungry. So...I ate last night before bed.:explode:

My tally for this week:
    Me - 5; Snacks - 2
    I have no Sept tally since last week was my first week.

Does the weekly challenge start w/Sunday or Monday night? I hope it starts tonight since I blew it Sat and Sun nights. I am aiming for a perfect week.
    Who is going to go the distance with me? I need the motivation of friendly competition.:laugh:
    Zaza