Sports Socks

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on where to get good pairs of sports socks. I need some that are fairly thick and cushioned so when I leave the gym my feet don't have any blisters or anything. But also, not too thick that my feet will be burning during my workout (I'd rather my abs be burning). I recently had to throw some pairs out because they were wearing away at the heels so good quality and durable but also breathable.

Money is also an important factor - cheers in advance :smile:

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Sporting goods store. I bought a couple pair at REI called Wrightsock. They weren't too expensive. I don't use them for everyday gym stuff but I purchased them specifically for blistering and rubbing I would experience in my hiking shoes. Also last time I purchased cross training shoes the salesperson gave me a few different tricks to lace my shoes differently and that's really helped. I've worn the Wrightsocks with casual boots too and they are very comfortable.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I like the Puma brand. To save a bit of money, I look for them in TJMaxx in the boys section. Usually they'll fit a girl with a shoe size up to 8 (I'm a 7 and they fit perfectly) and the boys section is usually cheaper than the women's. Great quality, very comfortable, cheap, and usually easy to find (I know you can get them on Amazon too).
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Under Armour socks. They have a really nice supportive section for the arch of your foot - beware that unless you already have good arches, your feet will be a little sore the first few days you wear them, but they'll feel awesome after about a week.

Link: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-neon-liner-socks-6pack/pid1232354-001

I wear a size 7-8 shoe and these fit perfectly. My boyfriend has the men's version and he loves them too.

ETA: Annnnnd because I LOVE amazon, I found them on there. Same price, but free prime/ super-saver shipping: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GPFQPI/ref=twister_B00FFY8S64
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

Think I'll pop into Sports Direct before I start work tomorrow - saw a 2-pack Karimor ones on their website that look quite good - got Karimor trainers as well so can't go wrong really :smile: