Nutrition and Calorie Help!!

Options
Hey guys. I am a 5'9 140-145 pound college student. I have completed the insanity program and for the last four months or so I have been doing the max insanity workouts 6 times a week (workout 3 days, off day, 3 more days etc.) and have lost 30-40 pounds since last April. I just recently began a p90x/insanity hybrid, still working out 6 days a week. With the insanity workouts I burn around 800-1000 calories per workout, and 300 or so with p90x so far. I need to put on a few healthy pounds, but I am afraid to increase my calorie intake because I have the fear that I will rapidly gain fat. With this workout regimen and these calorie burns, is my fear logical? On MOST days my calorie intake is just at or slightly less than 2000. I, just like everybody else, have my days where I go over though. Any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    For a guy, you're pretty thin. I weigh the same, and I'm betting you've got a lot more lean muscle than I do considering the high intensity workouts you've been doing for 9 months. At 2,000 calories, you must be exhausted all the time.

Don't be afraid to tinker with your meal plan. Fat is not a tattoo. If you don't like the result when you add a few pounds, take them back off.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Fat is not a tattoo.

That's great. I love that so much I will probably steal it. :wink:
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Theres a guy named Brandon Carter on youtube. He's an expert when it comes to lean gains. everyone's worried about the fat that comes with bulking vince we know how hard it is to lose it later without losing muscle.