Options
    Thanks
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Others have posted this link before.
    www.randomabs.com

I've done some of these.
    I also like ab dolly pikes with added resistance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    unless someone is going a PT test- NO ONE should be doing sit ups or crunches.

Why not? I do sit ups to work my abs, just like I do curls for my biceps, overhead presses for my shoulders, etc.

There are any number of more efficient ways to work your core and isolate your abs. Sit ups and crunches are really not very good for the spine.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    well to play the devil's advocate......crunches do work.......when I was big thats about all I could do besides walk and I lost a ton of weight just based on the movements.

You have to be careful however, I do weight crunches and crunches with my legs up knees up.....this is outside of my regular workout now. ...

anything can hurt your back....bending over to get something healthy to eat out of your frig.

The calories deficit worked for you to lose weight. Not crunches. Crunches don't even burn that many calories. The walking did far more for your calorie deficit.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do crunches as part of a calisthenics/circuit training!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    As mentioned previously.

Sit-ups/crunches are a complete waste of time.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options

Very interesting. Love the point by point counter argument to the anti-crunch movement.

All I know is that my core is much stronger now than it was 30+ years ago.