Scared I'm gonna gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    I am upset that people want you to stop posting things that "elude to disordered eating". Nobody is forced to read it. It is a choice. I am worried about you. I agree with those who said it may be time to talk to a professional because you do seem to be nearing a danger zone.
    The word you're looking for is allude. Sorry. I don't normally point out English errors but I had a hard time parsing the sentence with the wrong word in it.

This is a fitness site. She's a teen. Probably under age.
    She needs help with this. Not a website.
    THAT is what people are saying.
    She's admitted to using laxatives because she thinks she ate too much.
    She's admitted her period stopped
    She's admitted eating 700 calories
    She needs real live help, from an adult.
    This is not the place for a kid to work through an ED.

I was the one who said "elude". I knew "elude" didn't look right! Thanks :)

And yeah. All of what you said!! :)
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    OP, I went through all your posts and gleaned the following:

I binged tonight
    I ate SO much peanut butter.
    I'm so worried.
    I put on some weight from yesterday.
    I took two laxatives.
    the guilt somehow always gets to me
    I need to restrict pretty low. It's the only thing that keeps me in control
    planned to eat a moderate amount of peanut butter, and just like every other time, it ended with me eating tons.
    I've always been addicted to it, so there's no getting away from it
    It won't hurt me every now and then
    my net was 994. I think it's too high
    I haven't had my period this month (I usually start 15-18th) and it's just gone (editor’s note: you followed up by saying you hadn’t had sex so it couldn’t be pregnancy)
    every time I try to not log I get so guilty
    I started around size 6, I'm a zero in pants
    I weigh 103.
    I really want to burn more calories.

Dearest - odds are extremely strong that you have a full-blown eating disorder. Most likely anorexia/bulemia (ex., laxatives). Honey, please PLEASE go get help.

It's okay to ask questions and seek support on here, but you need PROFESSIONAL intervention immediately. Please visit one of these sites and read, discover, research, and find a therapist. Hoping you can talk to your parents as well.

You're so young. You're doing so much damage to your body and mind which could affect you for the rest of your life. Now's your chance to fix it and get well. Good luck.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support (Helpline at (800) 931-2237)

Crisis Call Center
    800-273-8255 or text ANSWER to 839863
    Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
    http://crisiscallcenter.org/crisisservices.html

National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Eating Disorders
    630-577-1330
    10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday
    http://www.anad.org

Thursday’s Child National Youth Advocacy Hotline
    800-USA-KIDS (800-872-5437)
    Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
    http://www.thursdayschild.org
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I am upset that people want you to stop posting things that "elude to disordered eating". Nobody is forced to read it. It is a choice.

My fitness pal is a website for healthy weight loss. Not a place for the glorification of eating disorders. And while you may not see it the same way, posts that elude to disorder eating patterns and methods can be triggers for those in recovery and can encourage disordered eating patterns in those who may be on the brink of developing disordered eating. I agree that she needs help. This was mentioned in several other posts she has made and yet she continues to make similar posts. If she is not going to take the advice of the many knowledgeable people on this forum and get help then I would prefer she not continue to make these kind of posts.

+1
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am upset that people want you to stop posting things that "elude to disordered eating". Nobody is forced to read it. It is a choice. I am worried about you. I agree with those who said it may be time to talk to a professional because you do seem to be nearing a danger zone.
    The word you're looking for is allude. Sorry. I don't normally point out English errors but I had a hard time parsing the sentence with the wrong word in it.

Don't you hate when that happens?:happy:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

This. The OP's posts are getting pretty scary and she needs help from a professional.
  • tegalicious
    Options

Don't you hate when that happens?:happy:

I do!! But am always grateful for the correction!! Can't be going around using the wrong word all over the interwebz....