Low calorie but filling breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm currently enjoying baked beans on toast each morning. 2 slices of Weight Watchers brown danish bread toasted (no butter), topped with Heinz low salt/low sugar baked beans. Yummy and only 243 cals all in.
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm always ravenous in the morning, but find I get throughout the afternoon and evening without feeling to hungry. So for me, eggs with breakfast are an absolute saviour. I soft boil 2 of them, with a piece of grainy toast cut into soldiers (about 300cals - not including my coffee!). Otherwise, they are amazing scrambled with a few extra egg whites, with baby spinach or mushrooms. Or popped between an english muffin with some light cheese, peri-peri and avocado. Or you can make a big crustless quiche (or little mini ones) and cut a slice a day - calorie count depends on what you pop in it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Man I'm starting to think that I'm an oddball, all that stuff would never fill me up for more than a couple hours. The only thing that's filled me up until lunch lately was 2 sausages, 1 scrambled egg, and 4 120 calories pancakes...

But anyway, bump if anyone got any suggestions, I'm getting desperate and sick of using up half my calories in the morning.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a savory over sweet breakfast person, and I often have a 2 egg frittata (less hands on than an omelet and I'm lazy in the morning) with lots of vegetables (sometimes I add eggwhites to make sure I have enough egg to cover the vegetables, but usually not), with a spray of olive oil. That's about or under 200 calories, depending on the vegetable choices and amounts, which gives you calories to work with for yogurt/cottage cheese or fruit or both while still remaining around 300.

I tend to like breakfast to be more like 350-400, so often add smoked salmon or some leftover meat from dinner, but obviously that part's not vegetarian.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    What is a good calorie goal for breakfast?

Depends on your daily intake and regular times of eating. Some 0%, some 100%.

If you eat breakfast, enough cals to fill you up until your next meal and not too much to blow out your daily target. You need to experiment to find out what that is.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What is a good calorie goal for breakfast?

Depends on your daily intake and regular times of eating. Some 0%, some 100%.

If you eat breakfast, enough cals to fill you up until your next meal and not too much to blow out your daily target. You need to experiment to find out what that is.

This. Totally depends on your eating style.

Mine is:

6-7am breakfast
    10am morning tea
    12- lunch
    3-4 afternoon tea
    6-7 dinner
    8-9 snack if I want

so I break my 3 meals into kilojoules 1250 breakfast /1500 lunch/ 2000 dinner. The rest of my kJs are spent in tea coffee juices and my morning tea and afternoon tea (usually yogurt, fruits, minimuffins, cheese n crackers) with a little set aside for a snack (chocolate/yummy cookies/dessert) or a glass of wine.

this is what works for me. I have morning tea as I am in kindergarten and we eat fruit with our children at morning tea time to model good social eating, I have afternoon tea because even at my age I am ravenous after school :D

EDIT to add: 1250kJ = 299 cal 1500kJ = 359 cal 2000 kJ = 478 cals