Need some alternatives to walking

Options
Need some exercise assistance. Beginning in July I’d walk about 4 miles each night. Lost 25 lbs. When the weather temps dropped and it got dark I stopped. Now Im anxious to start working off the holiday gain but can’t do the walks at night quite yet due to the weather. Any ideas on some exercise ideas for indoors?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Need some exercise assistance. Beginning in July I’d walk about 4 miles each night. Lost 25 lbs. When the weather temps dropped and it got dark I stopped. Now Im anxious to start working off the holiday gain but can’t do the walks at night quite yet due to the weather. Any ideas on some exercise ideas for indoors?
    Mall walking?

Regardless, best of luck finding something!
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Join a gym, dvds, you tube, buy a treadmill/other cardio machine
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When it gets too cold and dark to walk in the evenings I turn to my Wii fit and my Leslie Sansone walking workout dvds
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    HIIT?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Get a bike and trainer, and some sufferfest videos.

Swim.

Find an indoor track, or mall.

Jump rope.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Turn on the music and dance. If there is a school with pool close where you can get to it. They probably have water aerobics classes and believe me a 45 minute work out in the water is fantastic. Even if they don't have classes if they have open swim times do laps and walk in the pool is good exercise and low impact. But will burn lots of calories. 60 minutes of just treading water will burn many calories.

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Between YouTube Videos and Leslie Sansone DVDs there is No Excuse for not Walking regardless of the Weather. It only takes a small area and you can bump up the intensity with small hand held weights, or even carrying Soup Cans and using them for Resistance.