juicing

Options
So I really have a hard time eating enough veggies. I just don't like them that well, fresh or cooked. I also have very little time. So I am wondering what the thoughts are on juicing whole veggies/fruit to help get down the recommended amounts of both each day. Like maybe drinking juice for one meal per day? So yeah, curious as to others experiences.

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, go for it. I love homemade juice.
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am in no way an expert but I really like juicing. Its a good way to get a ton of nutrients and whenever I juice my skin looks amazing. You can put a bit of fruit in there too to disguise the taste of some of the veggies if you want. Just not too much because you probably want to watch the sugar. Smoothies are also an excellent option that gives you the fiber you need. My fave smoothie is 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup kale, 1/2 banana, 1/2 pear. Recipe calls for a bit of honey bit I find I don't need it.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about using juicing as a meal replacement, try as a supplement instead?
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually drink one spinach or kale smoothie 5x a week (one after each workout) I add my protein powder to it. After a good heavy lifting session its a great way to get in some extra protein and fiber to help restore my muscles. I usually use one cup almond milk one cup spinach and a banana or some kind of frozen fruit. I have been using frozen antioxidant blend with berry's but I hate the seeds in my mouth, at work I have to be careful so none are left in my teeth. I keep a small personal blender at work and leave food at work (if you don't have that option you can take the top part of the blender home and fill it and then blend at work, or you can just make them at home. I do it at work cause I leave in the early morning and don't want to wake the fams with the blender. It you put some protein powder in it, it could be a good meal replacement.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Juicing is awesome. You will love it. No need to replace a meal with it unless you want to lose a lot of weight really fast. You can add a juice to your regular daily routine to add extra plant nutrients to your diet.
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I add it to my meals as if it were my side of veggies. I bought a $35 juicer to start off with and I love it. I love that I can eat a cucumber, 2 carrots, apple, spinach, bell peppers, and cilantro without even trying. I have more energy throughout the day and I really look forward to all the awesome combinations I can concoct!