Getting this addiction started

Options
So, I've read once somewhere that Facebook is like an addiction. You want to keep getting on there just to see if you have a little notification about anything. You have no reason to be on there, but you still find yourself on a friend's page looking at pictures, or a liked page to see if there's anything you want to share. I've found that the more friends that you have on Facebook or otherwise (Gaming, Gyms, etc.), the more motivation that you have to get back on there and see what they're doing. I'm looking for some motivation to keep coming back on here day after day, because I have already lost 4 lbs in the first few weeks that I've been back. I'm not saying that I won't have my failings, because I will, but motivators help look past that. 4 lbs down, 78 to go. Who's with me?

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Personally, I really hate that thing that pops up on my home page that says I haven't logged in lately and might need encouragement.

It mocks me every time I see it.

"Haven't used the internet in 3 days, haven't we?"
    grumble

So I log in every day to make sure it doesn't say it.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I totally agree lol. That's the other reason that I have been trying to log in every day :3
  • mrdz16
    mrdz16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same page I need some motivation! I feel like I start it on my own but a couple of days later is gone!
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    Been there, done that. I get really super motivated at first then it just dies away. Nexercise, MFP, My Diet Coach, Runtastic...yeah I use all four because they all say HEY YOU! WORK OUT YOU LAZY BUM!

I say...oh, I didn't do that today? Oops v.v
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you'd like some encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm the type of person to look at your food choices & calories when you complete your diary, and I'm not the type of person who'll congratulate you for logging really unrealistic calorie burns.

ETA: I also remove newbies from my friends list when they haven't logged in for 2 weeks. I can be a taskmaster.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried doing jillian michaels a couple times, and insanity, and p90x. and failed at all three. and the reason why is because that felt like a workout. I didn't look forward to it whatsoever. if you find something you enjoy, working out will be much more fun. I love love love to dance (not a very good dancer at all however) but I love it. I went back to doing zumba and cant remember why I quit! I don't go to the classes, I do it right in my living room. im only on day 3 but I haven't skipped a day and even did two sessions today!
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    I do Karate 2-3 times a week so that is usually my "unrealistic" calorie burn. Discussed it with Master Charlie though and we agreed between 1000-1200 calories a 60 minute session is about right. If anything, Karate helps motivate me to work out =) Highly recommend ^^

Edit: I used to do WiiFit all the time because I loved it so much, then I got a different schedule at work and everything started sliding. Still working on getting everything back on track.
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In in it for the long haul too... I need to lose so much weight it isn't even remotely funny... I have also tried everything but what I really like here is being able to track my food...and seeing what I need to cut out of my diet... I'll send you a friend request...you make me accountable and support me, I'll do the same for you!
    :) Sarah
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    Completely agree Sarah :) I'm not one to just stop once a habit is formed, just ask my boss at work as he's fighting to break bad habits from my last job...a year and a half later! Forming this into a habit should help my motivation.
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    It's official, there needs to be a sarcasm font :3
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    id like to be your friend... i mean your holding a cat. and i love cats, and you sound nice, plus you do karate.. (you pushed all my buttons in a good way lol)

I used to do karate, back when i was 17, funnily enough i can still hear my sensai scream "keep moving!" when i dont want to exercise... lolz

to be perfectly honest, my exercise is when i go shopping for groceries every second day (walking to the shops and back 30 mins) dosent sound like much, but for me, (someone who 3 years ago couldnt leave her house from paranoia and fear.. etc) its a big thing, and going to the shopping mall is even better cause you walk around for longer, so those days are great! (having one today actually) so im looking forward to it. its kind of a sneaky way to get my exercise, and kind of fools my mind, so im happy!

plus, i dont restrict any type of food i eat, i just make sure i dont go over my 1200 calories on the days i dont walk.

ive already lost 1kg, and its been 9 days so far for me since i started.... im a bit of a loner, but there was something about you i just liked very much! =)

so i extend my hand in friendship. =)
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    I gladly accept! ^^ I love kitties (I've got three of them running around here) and Karate really is a new passion of mine. I've never struggled going out so I don't know what you're going through there, but I can understand that you've made some great strides which is awesome :3
  • belleamour
    Options
    I need to get addicted to this too! I lost 4 pounds over the holidays so that is my little kick in the butt that says I can do this, I will lose 100pounds one step at a time. This isn't a diet, it's a complete lifestyle change! please add me back?
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    3 cats!?!?!....okay im "officially" jealous! hahahah =D
    when do you think you will be ready for your blackbelt? and do you have katas in your karate? ..or?....eitherway...its so cool!!
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    Kitty, yes we have Katas in the program. 3 in level 1, 6 in level 2, and a lot more after black belt. I'm an orange stripe (as of tonight), starting to learn (relearn is more like it for me since I came in on this Kata we're starting Monday) a new Kata Tuesday (I work Monday nights, can't go until Tuesday XD) =). Black Belt is between 2 and 3 years from now. Level 1 is one year, level 2 is 2-3 years.

And yes, my kitties are 6 months, 2 1/2 years and 17 years old. I've had the youngest since he was 3 weeks and the middlest since she was 6 weeks =D
  • Tabbycat54
    Options
    And Belle* I added you back :)