6' 240 lbs... goal weight adjustment?

In order to describe my goal weight, I need to describe my current body condition...

I'm 6 foot 240 lbs(currently). I don't know how to post pics here but to describe my build, I'm built like a linebacker.

The thing is... I used to weigh 170 - 175 lbs, about 70 lbs lighter than now, back when I used to do a bit of modelling in high school; however, I just don't see how it's humanly possible for me to drop down that low?

I don't even know how I weighed 170- 175 then...

I think the way things are going now, 200 -210lbs would be the weight where I would have 0 stomache fat and 6 pack would start showing. Fat wise I wouldn't have 40 lbs to lose to get to 170 lbs.

Is it impossible for me to get down to 170-175lbs like before?

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    This is a mind issue because it absolutely is not impossible for a six foot tall man to drop down to 170-175 lbs. There are men your height who are 15-20 lbs lighter than that.

You can't see yourself as truly lean, so you, like many overweight people, believe that very normal, obtainable body weights seem "impossible". It's so, so common for overweight and obese folks to set goal weights that are too high.

Just don't worry about goal though. If you think you'll have "0 stomach fat" at 210 lbs, get down there and see. If you still have a ton of excess fat, go lower.

Just remember that most people tend to overestimate how many calories they eat, and underestimate how much body fat they're carrying.