Rat...

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
...and other animal studies are of limited usefulness to human health argue researchers in a study online in the British Medical Journal:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061215090857.htm

Discuss.

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I was going to say TL;DR, but I did, and it was short.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    They don't do much for human disposition either. At least not around here.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't like where this is headed. It sounds like an pro argument for testing on larger animals. I am against all animal testing from tiny rats to large monkeys. It sounds like they want society to agree that they should be testing on larger animals to provide us with better information. I stick by my opinion that the only medical testing that should be done should be done on prison inmates, especially death sentence inmates. I mean, they're dead anyway, right? We have hundreds of thousands of rapists and murderers and paedophiles just sitting around on our dimes. Why not put them to good use?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    had nothing to say b/c i came in on the assumption it was about tattle tales. snitches. and the like.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    rat.gif
  • Derp_Diggler
    Options
    I don't like where this is headed. It sounds like an pro argument for testing on larger animals. I am against all animal testing from tiny rats to large monkeys. It sounds like they want society to agree that they should be testing on larger animals to provide us with better information. I stick by my opinion that the only medical testing that should be done should be done on prison inmates, especially death sentence inmates. I mean, they're dead anyway, right? We have hundreds of thousands of rapists and murderers and paedophiles just sitting around on our dimes. Why not put them to good use?

canofworms_zps5a824271.jpg
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

*Jefferson takes out pen, scratches through 4th Amendment.*

"We aren't likely to need that one." He said.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Master Splinter begs to differ.

splinter.gif
  • Derp_Diggler
    Options

imnottouchingthat_zps070d8d62.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jfK6730471.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    jfK6730471.jpg

:laugh: