Holding on by a thread

Options
Hello to all of the great myfitnesspal pal community!
I'm currently having an issue. I'm in threat of falling off the bandwagon and I so badly don't want to! I've been very conscious of my calorie count, fat content and portion control!
I've been doing really well with it but I'm not losing anymore. I need to add in the exercise in order to keep. doing and this is where I'm having so much trouble with.
Everything's so busy from university! I'm prettying it of shape but periodically been doing the 30 day shred. But after 7 days I get bored of doing the same video a bunch of times.
I really want to fall in love with exercise, but I just can't seem for our relationship to stick and stay! I want the long term relationship, but we keep breaking up and getting back together!
Help!

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Exercising should be a 4-letter word. "No pain, no gain" is a horrible motivational cliche. Instead of 'working out,' think of something you enjoy doing that oh, by the way, happens to get your body moving. Win/win. Maybe it's playing racquetball with a friend, goofing around in the pool or the ocean for a few hours with some buddies, building that flower/veggie garden you've been thinking about, scrubbing the tile in the shower that have been bugging you with those water stains (ok, these are all MY personal ideas ;) but you get where I'm going with it!). That way you can replace a few workouts a week with something different.

I started walking just to get out of the house so I wouldn't have to watch the same Disney shows 4 and 5 times with my daughter. I started running because I would intentionally wait until 15 minutes before closing time, then force myself to get to the convenience store before they locked up to buy an energy drink.

I have to trick myself into burning calories because I have never been able to convince my brain that jogging in place on a treadmill for 40 minutes staring at some heavy man's backside as he pedals away going nowhere on a stationary bike is fun.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need to break up with Jilian. She's just not meeting your "relationship" needs. Don't stress. And try not to overthink your dilemma (Stop. you're doing it right now, I can tell!) Try to experiment with different physical activities (do you have any options through school?), stay moving/active as much as possible, and do your best to eat as healthily as you can today (don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow). Eventually you'll find your groove…
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Find something you like to do. Have a look on places like living social and groupon for ideas on classes to take and try things out. There's usually stuff like martial arts, boxing, pole dancing, boot camps, trx, etc usually for very cheap.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Find something you like to do. Have a look on places like living social and groupon for ideas on classes to take and try things out. There's usually stuff like martial arts, boxing, pole dancing, boot camps, trx, etc usually for very cheap.

That and maybe some kind of sports team? There has to be a gym on campus you can use - find a workout buddy to make it more social.