which one is better?

Options
Digital or manual scale

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As long as they're calibrated correctly neither it's just a personal preference
  • susalia1
    Options
    My digital says more than my manual...
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    They are all going to be a bit off because of manufacturing tolerances (accurate within like +/- 2 lbs or something). Compare with your doctor's scale or go to a scale aisle and find the most agreed upon weight and set your scale to that :) Wear the same clothes and don't drink or eat, lol.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Digital scales are way more accurate than manual ones. So go with the manual since they are more accurate than the digital.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Digital scales are way more accurate than manual ones. So go with the manual since they are more accurate than the digital.

whaaa huh??
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Huh?
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If you want accuracy try your doctors office, then compare that weight to your scales. If you are keeping records of your weight and measurements, make sure you use the same scale every time so your loss is accurate at least.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The one which is cheaper.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    The nurse at the doctors practice here uses ordinary scales!!! Find ones which fit your bill and stick with those.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    sounds like you may have both. take something that you know the weight of like a weight plate or dumbell and put on each scale. which ever is closest to the weigh to the known object go with it. you can probably adjust he manual to read exactly but it dosn't really matter which you use s long as you pick 1 nd stick with it take all your measurements from it.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options

^^ Winning ^^ :laugh:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A properly calibrated scale is the accurate one - that might be manual or digital. Even the one at your doctor's office may not be properly calibrated with a test weight.
    I've got two digital scales and they are always 2lbs different, took one to a sports science lab and found one is spot on and the other shows 2lbs too high.

Digital tends to be more consistent than manual in my experence.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Manuals are far more accurate. Digital can be off because of many factors including floor variance, temperature, humidity, even where exactly you step on the scale. Look no further than multi-million dollar prize fights where weights have to be exact and millions of dollars are on the line, they use manual.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Accuracy is less important than consistency. A broken clock is right twice a day, but I'd rather have one that's always the same time out all day.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

:noway: :huh:
  • charliemouse70
    charliemouse70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters which one you use - pick the one that says 2lbs lighter if that makes you happier, lol.
    The thing to do is to always use that scale, in the same place at the same time of day. And don't get in the habit of weighing yourself every day - once a week is enough to keep a track of your weight.