Women about 5'6", wear a size M/ L shirt & 14/16 pant

Options
I'm not looking to get a certain weight. I really just want to get my body down to a size where I can buy clothes in "normal" stores. Healthy or not, I like being on the bigger size. I'm just so tired of not being able to buy the pretty clothes in stores...

Right now I'm wearing a size XL or XXL (depending on the store) and a size 20 pant and I'm about 260lbs. I know every body is different and I won't know until I get there... but just curious as a round about number I need to lose in order to start wearing a M or L and size 14 or 16 pants. I may decide to keep going when I get there but again... we'll see. I've ALWAYS been over weight so I don't know anything but at least an 18/XL.

Just for curiosity... Thanks!

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and could wear those sizes at about 180 pounds. It's going to depend on the shape of your body, though.
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Like you said, it REALLY depends on your body type, as well as how much muscle you carry. I'm between a 12 and a 14 pant (leaning closer to 12 now) and wear a size 12 dress. But I've got a bigger chest and am still in an L or sometimes even XL shirt, depending on the cut. I weigh 204 right now, so that's a difference of about twenty pounds between myself and the person above me. We probably hold our weight differently.

Not sure it's a reliable method of setting a goal weight for yourself, but I totally get the curiosity! I catch myself fantasizing about what I'll fit into at what weight all the time! ^^
  • meganeileenmc
    meganeileenmc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These are the sizes I wear now and I am that height. I am 194. I was once a size 18 pants and XL-XXL shirts then. I agree it may have to do with where your weight sits. Good luck on your fitness journey. I think we all strive to be in "normal" clothes.
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I figured about 200lbs. That's what I have my goal at currently. If I get to that size before 200lbs awesome. if not, then I'll keep going.

I think I was just a bit worried I'd have to lose like 175lbs or something... haha. 60lbs is daunting enough! But I'll do it, I'll slowly get there. Already down almost 40lbs so what's another 60? lol

Thanks again! :)
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I second the comments about body type and how you carry your weight... That being said, I'm 5'7.5". At my heaviest (197) I wore size 18. I think I was in size 16 pretty much through the 180s, then dropped down to 14 in the 170s. I now wear 12-14 (depends on the brand, cut, etc.) and anywhere from M-XL in tops.