Fitness 19 gym - anyone know anything?

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
We're getting one of these near our home and it almost sounds too good to be true ($12/mo membership???) - anyone know anything about them? Would really appreciate some feedback!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Not sure where you live, in Arkansas it's 10 Fitness. 10 bucks a month with no contract, but you have to pay a $30 membership fee. Not bad. It's probably the same chain. It's a good gym with good equipment. The only bad thing about ours is they don't offer classes of any kind.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Looking at the website, it looks very similar to Plante Fitness - focus on equipment but no classes. So it boils down to what's right for you. I opted to go with Planet Fitness at $10 month (plus that $30-ish membership fee) as opposed to NYSC at $72/month with my board of ed discount because I'm more prone o use DVDs than go to classes, so essentially had I gone with NYSC I would have been paying $62/month MORE for the same thing just so I'd have the possibility of a class I might decide to take. Not worth it for me.

I've been really happy with Planet Fitness so far!
  • I agree with Charity, they have them by me, although I have never actually joined them. They seem to have a good amount of equipment, but no classes :( Also, I wasnt thrilled with their hours, as they close pretty early on the weekends. I have preferred 24 hr gyms more. So it all depends on what you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.