walking

Options
charliex2202
charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
I have started using a pedometer to track how many steps I take everyday..is there any way to log steps taken per day on mfp instead of how long you walked for etc?

Replies

• 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    thats what i love most about my fitbit... MFP syncs with fitbit to calculate my walks :)
    but I googled it- how many calories burned from steps taken and I found this

http://www.gearedtobefit.com/fitness_calculators.cfm#pedburn

hope this helps
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you get something like a fitbit, it syncs automatically to mfp as you walk and adds calories allowed for the day. so as i walk, i see the calories allowed to eat go up thru the day. sometimes if i want something bad and its say 200 calories, i will walk until i earn the 200 calories and use it as a reward... pretty cool actually. i love mine. never leave house without it!!!:smile:
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. Go to My Home -> Check-in.

Down the bottom there is a "track additional measurements"

Create one called "Steps" or similar.

Then when you go to check-in, you can add your daily steps and to see them all, click "edit previous entries".

Edit: and definitely put a fitbit on your Christmas list!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Great thanks i will add it to my wish list.... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • loneyota
    loneyota Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone there are a lot of free apps that will track your walk with gps and can give you distance, time and speed. Runkeeper is one example but there are quite a few.
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    I've started walking recently also and using the Fitbit. It comes with a default 10k daily steps goal. I don't push for it too hard, but it is rewarding to feel it vibrate when you werent even trying for it.