What should I eat?

twinsmomma02
twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
At the end of today after dinner tonight, I will find myself stuck in the same predicament....I ate plenty of food all day, but have only reached 950 calories for the day. I have about 300 more calories to eat for the day, about 20 carbs, and need about 60 more grams of protein, and have reached my fat limit for the day thanks to having pancakes for breakfast this morning. Any suggestions as to what I could eat that will have no fat in it, but lots of protein and will keep me within my limit of only 20 carbs remaining? Please don't tell me to eat eggs because I am tired of eggs! Looking for some new ideas!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Zero fat yogurt and fruit is my fav for evening snacking. Need more protein, make it greek yogurt. I usually use berries or peaches in it. Need to up the protein more? Blend up a smoothie with the yogurt, fruit, ice and some protein powder.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    You might like to keep some protein powder or slim fast (note: I dont know their nutritional info off hand) around for days like this. I think they're nasty in water, so I use milk, which is 10 more carbs, but the powder I have is 120 cals, 3 carb, 2 fat, 26 protein, 1 sugar (for 1 scoop / 6 oz fluid - so you can easily double it if you need more). I drink it often in the evenings when I don't want to eat anything but need some cals that I can sleep on easily. (Also, i tend to work out in the evening, so it's nice after a workout.) The kind I have is not great but not gross. I tend to drink it in just one big slug though because it has sort of a weird aftertaste to sip at it. It's not the cheapest though, but not too bad if it's not every day.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    pre-planning your meals out ahead of time, daily or weekly on your food diary can really help out, I've found. That way one doesn't end up with lots of extra cals at the end of the day to try and figure out how to get the rest of the cals in.
  • second_1
    second_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Edamame is a good protein source- It has 11g of protein for 1/2 C of the beans.

Low-fat cheese is good; the part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks are handy for snacks.

A piece of high protein, 100% whole grain bread (try Ezekiel 4:9 bread, which is sprouted grain, no flour) with a piece of turkey breast.

Salmon...good protein and you get the good Omega-3 fats as well.

Cottage cheese. Try mixing some chopped green peppper, scallions, tomato, salt, pepper and lemon zest into it. A teeny drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (good fat!) makes it even more wonderful. Or add some cinnamon and a bit of sweetner to it...
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Try some peanut butter. Higher cals, higher protein, without having to eat a bunch of food.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Try some peanut butter. Higher cals, higher protein, without having to eat a bunch of food.

Pretty high in fat though - not necessarily bad fat, but if she's full on the fat count for the day, maybe not a great pick. Awesome though when you have cals to fill!
This discussion has been closed.