anybody doing bodybuilding???

Options
Hi there..
I wanna start doing it just dont know where to start and dont wanna do any mistakes...some experienced people would be a lots of help..thanks for support:))

Replies

• ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I do "bodybuilding", but I have been stepping up my resistance training quite a bit and gotten a lot more serious about building lean muscle. I hired a personal trainer through the local gym (not as pricey as you might think) to get me started and it has totally been worth it. However, I would do some serious interviews first as I nixed two before I settled on the one i have now....one guy I interviewed actually suggested I increase my body fat so I would have "fuel" for my long runs (wtf?!?!?).
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about doing bodybuilding, then you will probably want to look into getting a trainer who deals specifically with bodybuilders or is an experienced one themselves. Most chain gyms will be lacking in that department or they will have one or maybe two trainers who could do that. Bodybuilding also involves cycles of cutting and bulking, so you may want to make sure that's what you are looking for as opposed to say lifting/working out for fitness/figure competitions. Good luck in what you choose :)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about doing bodybuilding, then you will probably want to look into getting a trainer who deals specifically with bodybuilders or is an experienced one themselves. Most chain gyms will be lacking in that department or they will have one or maybe two trainers who could do that. Bodybuilding also involves cycles of cutting and bulking, so you may want to make sure that's what you are looking for as opposed to say lifting/working out for fitness/figure competitions. Good luck in what you choose :)

Excellent info! I would hire a tainer, at least to get you started. I wor in a chain gym and he's right, we have 3 trainers who are qualified to train bodybuilders, i'm the only female. And as stated i'm a figure competitor, only as of lately have I bumped it up a notch to go full out in the gym. This is one area where diet and training are serious. You really have to have a clean diet and a strict disciplined gym mentality to be successfull, it's hard work, buit the results are really worth it! good luck.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I do "bodybuilding", but I have been stepping up my resistance training quite a bit and gotten a lot more serious about building lean muscle. I hired a personal trainer through the local gym (not as pricey as you might think) to get me started and it has totally been worth it. However, I would do some serious interviews first as I nixed two before I settled on the one i have now....one guy I interviewed actually suggested I increase my body fat so I would have "fuel" for my long runs (wtf?!?!?).

Jeeez, more body fat for long runs!? I realised some trainers are ignorant of any actual medical science but that comment beggers belief! I hope you laughed in his face at that advice lol.