30 DAY SHRED CALORIES?

bengal128
bengal128 Posts: 30
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Right I've just ordered the 30 day shred and don't know how to work out calories used for my MFP journal. I'm 143 lbs. I haven't got a clue where to start. Any suggestions or advice would great. Thanks

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Mine just arrived on Friday! It's a great work out.

There is no entry on this site for that work out so I have been logging it as circuit which seems to be what most people do. I know others have a heart rate monitor which is much more accurate so maybe try that if you can pick one up for a reasonable price. Good luck with it!

Namita
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    The advice given to me was to log the shred as circuit training :smile:
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I'm doing Bob Harper's DVD series, and I'm just making my own entry (you have the option). Right now I'm using healthstatus.com and entering the minutes I do something, then adding that into my own workout log. Once I get my heart rate monitor, I'll use those calories. Plan to do the same thing with Jillian's DVDs in the future.
  • I log it as circuit training as well... Does anyone that is doing 30 Day Shred Level 1 (that is between 130-150 or so pounds) have a heart rate monitor? I would be curious to see what amount of calories you are burning.

If i do 20 minutes on my stationary bike at moderate effort the bike tells me i burn 200+ calories. The circuit training on this site says i burn 169 in 20 minutes. I understand it is not pure cardio but wonder if it is accurate.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I was around 130-135 when I started shred and was burning around 200-250 cals. I logged it as circuit training. Getting a HRM is really the best thing you can do to accurately track your calories, that way you know how many you ca EAT!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.