Heart Rate Monitor

sim247
sim247 Posts: 354
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I would like to buy a hrm but don't have much spare money at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good but cheap hrm? I live in the UK.

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Based on my experience, avoid Sportline.

I really think with HRMs you get what you pay for. It might be worth it to wait until you can afford a good one.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    I here people on here always recommending the Polar F7 HRM.

Goodluck
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I would get a Polar one with a chest strap, I have a FT7
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    I got my FT60 on Craigslist (new) for $70.00, comes with the chest strap.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    I have the Polar F6 and love it. I've had it for several years and I am just now having to send the watch off for a battery replacement. I DID google the price recently and while the prices I saw hovered around $89-$109, I agree completely with verticalchaos when she said wait until you can afford a good one. This is something that you're going to use on a regular basis and you're not going to be "easy on it". You need one that's going to last you and be accurate. The F6 that I have is the one that Polar started the encryption between the chest strap and the watch. This is especially helpful when working out around other people with HRMs, or on a piece of equipment like a treadmill, so that YOUR HRM doesn't get interference and thus get an erroneous readings (thus giving you incorrect exercise calories).

Just my two cents......hope it helped. :flowerforyou:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Based on my experience, avoid Sportline.

I really think with HRMs you get what you pay for. It might be worth it to wait until you can afford a good one.

How true. I went through 2 of them before I got fed up enough to get the Polar FT7.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Thank you for all your advice :smile:

I only ever work out on my own at home but i'll take all your advice into consideration!
  • I just got my Garmin Forerunner 305. It's great, but was pricey!
This discussion has been closed.