Replies

• Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sanity.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    IWillWinSkinny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No I'm just here on this site to support people... Isn't that what it's for?!

Go reply to threads asking about Mustangs if that's your area of expertise, or do some actual research on Herbalife before knocking someone down. Ignorance is not bliss..... It just makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I"m not here to make herbalife look good or bad, just gonna tell you my experiance! I used it back in Jan 2012 to May 2012 and lost 30 lbs! I LOVE herbalife!! Not only did it help me loose weight but it helped me with other things, like regulate my period (sorry tmi), it keeps me energized and gives me nutrients and vitamins I need. Then I became pregnant. I didn't want to "gain it all back" so I really watched what I ate during my pregnancy. I gained 40 lbs, I started the shakes again in May 2013 and but not how I should have, meaning I had A lot of cheat days and up until last week I hadn't been to commited to the diet. But I'm only 9 lbs away from my pre preg weight and 20 lbs away from my goal weight. Anyway, based on my experience they do work and it's not some nasty stuff you are putting in your body. Plus you can add any frozen fruits and veggies you like! And, you must eat at least 2 healthy snacks/ day and of course the 1 meal you don't replace, has to be healthy too!! It's not as easy as people think, nor is it a "easy way out", its not! I don't have any problems with being hungry all day because I drink lots of water and eat from 9 am to 6 pm, I eat every 2 hrs! Then after 6 pm after I do my workout I may have a 3rd snack if I choose too usually something with protein. Anyway, I have a website where I get my products at the same low price that distributors get it for. message me if you want the info :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Go reply to threads asking about Mustangs if that's your area of expertise, or do some actual research on Herbalife before knocking someone down. Ignorance is not bliss..... It just makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

yes, and support can come in many different ways. it can be positive and hoo-rah, and all that. and it can be educational. some people come in and believe they need supplements, and don't understand what a supplement really is. countless people have said "i want to lose weight first and then build muscle" only to be told of the benefits of strength training early on.

i have done some reasearch on herbalife. i'm skeptical of any multi-level marketing company that pushes their sales people to be walking talking billboards loaded to the gills with supplements. many of their products contain appititie suppressants, which can be found at a fraction of the cost in a container of Folgers.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options

yes, and support can come in many different ways. it can be positive and hoo-rah, and all that. and it can be educational. some people come in and believe they need supplements, and don't understand what a supplement really is. countless people have said "i want to lose weight first and then build muscle" only to be told of the benefits of strength training early on.

i have done some reasearch on herbalife. i'm skeptical of any multi-level marketing company that pushes their sales people to be walking talking billboards loaded to the gills with supplements. many of their products contain appititie suppressants, which can be found at a fraction of the cost in a container of Folgers.

Ok I do agree with you to a certain extent, but why just assume that she doesn't know what she's talking about? I'm not sure if you'd agree but there's nothing more annoying than spending time researching something, and then have people bring up all the common misconceptions surrounding what you've just invested lots of time getting clued up on. I saw lots of people telling her to log her diary and eat healthy etc..... Well that's common sense! But not everyone can stick to that, if we all could do that then there wouldn't be overweight people in the world. There are alternative methods which suit other peoples lifestyles / personality better than diet & exercise. Clearly she wants to do herbalife and shouldn't be faced with "have you tried a calorie deficit diet"..... I'm not being funny but comments like that are just wasting her time. Of course she's probably tried that - who hasn't? Maybe I'm just taking it personally due to constantly being faced with comments like that myself. Sometimes it can feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. People just don't listen to what has actually been asked.

Yes support can come in different ways and after re/reading your original comment I think I took that the wrong way.... But it was the Superman cape thing which got me annoyed. Personally I know nothing about building muscle etc, which is why I wouldn't dream of posting on a thread specifically asking about that sort of thing. However, I'm not being big headed, but I do know a lot about this specific product which the OP was asking about. I have a tub in my cupboard and the profile is pretty good, plus I've used it myself and the results to me were worth the money I paid for it.

I know we won't ever agree on the best way to lose weight, like I said there is no right or wrong way: it's whatever works best for the individual, it would just be nice to show a little faith in the OP that they have tried the "healthy eating" method before and not just assume that she's a serial crash dieter. (I know your comments are not applicable to my last sentence, but that's what I saw happening from other posters and that's why I got angry)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Ok I do agree with you to a certain extent, but why just assume that she doesn't know what she's talking about? I'm not sure if you'd agree but there's nothing more annoying than spending time researching something, and then have people bring up all the common misconceptions surrounding what you've just invested lots of time getting clued up on. I saw lots of people telling her to log her diary and eat healthy etc..... Well that's common sense! But not everyone can stick to that, if we all could do that then there wouldn't be overweight people in the world. There are alternative methods which suit other peoples lifestyles / personality better than diet & exercise. Clearly she wants to do herbalife and shouldn't be faced with "have you tried a calorie deficit diet"..... I'm not being funny but comments like that are just wasting her time. Of course she's probably tried that - who hasn't? Maybe I'm just taking it personally due to constantly being faced with comments like that myself. Sometimes it can feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. People just don't listen to what has actually been asked.

Yes support can come in different ways and after re/reading your original comment I think I took that the wrong way.... But it was the Superman cape thing which got me annoyed. Personally I know nothing about building muscle etc, which is why I wouldn't dream of posting on a thread specifically asking about that sort of thing. However, I'm not being big headed, but I do know a lot about this specific product which the OP was asking about. I have a tub in my cupboard and the profile is pretty good, plus I've used it myself and the results to me were worth the money I paid for it.

I know we won't ever agree on the best way to lose weight, like I said there is no right or wrong way: it's whatever works best for the individual, it would just be nice to show a little faith in the OP that they have tried the "healthy eating" method before and not just assume that she's a serial crash dieter. (I know your comments are not applicable to my last sentence, but that's what I saw happening from other posters and that's why I got angry)

i can assume that she didn't do her research from her original question "how much does it cost?"

and to the people that were advising her about the calorie deficit thing, well, they looked at her diary and were noticing that she WASN'T logging her food. you know, some people don't believe that they can do this by themselves, and that it MUST be hard, and that they MUST buy a supplement and spend their money.

you're reading people attacking her. i'm reading people trying to help her. this kind of thread pops up daily, either about herbalife, visalus, shakeology, or whatever.

and i have no basis of faith here. i've learned that many people (myself include) often look for the quick fix. i will not assume that someone has done research. i will not belittle them about it either.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options
    It doesn't give prices on the website without contacting a distributor..... This IS her research on price.

Her diary is empty because she's not logging because she wants to do Herbalife - her original point! clearly that's only obvious to me. Her diary is at 1200 cals because that is the default.

She's not spending her money on a supplement, it's a meal replacement - I would have thought even you would know they are two different things. A supplement is what you take in addition to food - which isn't very cost effective. what she would be spending on breakfasts & lunches she is now spending on a meal replacement - so how is that wasting money when in many cases it works out cheaper?

Herbalife is also not a quick fix.... Again you would know that if you actually did your research. The weight loss is faster, but the maintenance part of it is a long haul. You can't just suddenly switch back to eating breakfasts and lunches. It takes months to fully introduce it all back.... So by the time you're off the diet you've probably spent just as long as you would by eating heathy. And it's definitely not an easy way out. It's hard switching to liquid when your whole life you're used to 3 solid meals a day.

Any other points you need to be educated on? Or are you happy to have your own opinion based on inaccuracies?

I DID have more faith in people on this website up until a few hours ago, but you have now proved me wrong. It's full of idiotic people who clearly can't carry out the simplest of tasks, such as reading a question and then answering that question without going off topic.

You say you see topics like this every day? And yet you still feel the need to comment....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    never mind
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Scam or waste of money, score it any way you want.
    My guess is that the defenders here are distributors.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Scam or waste of money, score it any way you want.
    My guess is that the defenders here are distributors.

You are wrong! I am NOT a distributor, the website that I know of was given to me by a friend who also lost more than 50 lbs on HL, so once I saw her results I was inspired!

Herbalife, in MY opinion and based on MY experience is NOT a scam or waste of money!!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I find shaklee 180 way better,,they mix and taste much better..I do shakes just for the ease..its fast,simple and clean up is rinse the shaker and set in the dry rack..I like easy!!! I actually became a shaklee distributer because I use lots of their products,,and its cheaper to buy them that way.I usually eat one cooked meal a day,noon or evening,,whenever my husband is going to be home.I did try Herbalife but they dont mix well in a shaker and they do not taste as good as the 180 to me.And without being a distibuter they cost more.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, I looked at your diary, and you're not logging your food. I think your food intake might be the issue here. I know you are saying you aren't doing anything different, but if you are not keeping track of the data, how can you be sure? Try logging and keeping a calorie deficit (and please up that number from 1200, that is ridiculously low especially for a mom with three kids) before spending your money.

At £18 for 15 days worth of breakfasts & lunches I'm pretty sure she is saving money?

She's a mom of three, I'm fairly certain she does regular food shopping and feeds her kids. Her grocery bill is unlikely to change as the rest of the family will still be eating the food, meaning that the shakes are going to be an additional expense on top of what she is already paying. Whereas simply eating less of what they already buy isn't going cost her a thing.

And her diary is empty because she hasn't been tracking what she eats. She's been a member here since October 2010 and said she lost 55 lbs from watching what she ate. Without tracking, she has no idea how much she has actually been eating. She was eating more than she thought. It happens. She wasn't just waiting it out and piling on the pounds to go on Herbalife.

Sometimes the best support you can give a person is encouragement to face the real issue and not just cheer for the way out. A huge part of making this lifestyle change is acknowledging your accountability for your weight gain and changing your behaviors. That's all people are trying to do when they encourage others to eat real food, log, and exercise instead of paying for a shake, bar, or pill. It may not be what the person wants to hear, but that doesn't make it negative or unsupportive.
  • IWillWinSkinny
    Options
    I find shaklee 180 way better,,they mix and taste much better..I do shakes just for the ease..its fast,simple and clean up is rinse the shaker and set in the dry rack..I like easy!!! I actually became a shaklee distributer because I use lots of their products,,and its cheaper to buy them that way.I usually eat one cooked meal a day,noon or evening,,whenever my husband is going to be home.I did try Herbalife but they dont mix well in a shaker and they do not taste as good as the 180 to me.And without being a distibuter they cost more.

Yes definitely agree they don't mix very well! I always have to do mine in a blender, which is a shame for the cookies & cream flavour as it's nice having that little crunch once in a while, but on the plus side having the blender thickens it better which I find helps keep me fuller for longer :)
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold- you can blend it with fruit, yogurts, etc and have it for breakfast if you feel like you need to "replace" a meal (I use it in addition to), get the protein your body needs, and give yourself whatever psychological boost you're looking for here.

A 5 gallon tub is 50$ on Amazon and lasts me about 3-4 months. And I don't have some kind of "coach" hassling me to buy other products I don't need or want. You can do this!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Yes definitely agree they don't mix very well! I always have to do mine in a blender, which is a shame for the cookies & cream flavour as it's nice having that little crunch once in a while, but on the plus side having the blender thickens it better which I find helps keep me fuller for longer :)
    yes,I have tried them in a shop with a blender..and it was much better,,but I dont want to clean a blender..lol..I blame my mother for that,she would make a pot of soup and have fifteen bowls I had to wash,,I never understood how that would happen..lol
  • jaguarx240
    Options
    You can estimate to spend about 80 - 100 dollars a month. That would be your choice of formula 1 (meal replacement) and vanilla or chocolate protein power. It is recommended that you do two scoops of the meal replacement and one scoop of the protein powder. i believe that the formula 1 shakes are about 30-35 dollars and you need two of them to last you a month, at two shakes a day. the protein cost between 40 - 45 dollars and you only need one of those for the month. Everything also depends on the level that you distributor is at and whether or not they sell for profit or personal use. hope this helps