Gaining weight -_-

Options
Hey,

So I started gaining weight about a month ago and it seems impossible to stop! I admittedly strayed from my healthy diet but when I realized my mistake I got serious again and went back to a 1800 calorie diet and lost about 5 pounds or so, but changing nothing all of a sudden I gained that 5 pounds back, It kind of seems like i'm broken, I tried eating less then the 1800 calories and I still gained. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I just get back to losing? I am 6'2 225 pounds and I'm 22. My weight had been consistently going up so its not water weight or anything as far as i know.

Thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to take a look?

How closely are you logging your food? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing portion sizes? The less accurate the measurement the more likely it is that you're actually eating more than you think.

Have you recently started an exercise routine that might be causing you to hold onto some extra water?

Do you have any medical conditions that might be affecting your weight loss?
  • lookin_new
    lookin_new Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't really log on here, I mostly keep track in my own log and i'm pretty sure its accurate. nothing really has changed from my original weight loss plan sense I got back on it. I lost 110 pounds before this set back in the last month, so its frustrating. It seems no matter what I do im gaining.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1800 calories, and guessing you do some sort of exercise (weight training, cardio etc)? Have you ran your current numbers in a calculator and see what your suppose to be eating.. at 6'2 and 225 1800 seems kinda low.. also maybe its time to readjust your macro's.. Also if your not using a digital scale to measure food, its probably time to start. (and also start logging here)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    1800 calories, and guessing you do some sort of exercise (weight training, cardio etc)? Have you ran your current numbers in a calculator and see what your suppose to be eating.. at 6'2 and 225 1800 seems kinda low.. also maybe its time to readjust your macro's.. Also if your not using a digital scale to measure food, its probably time to start. (and also start logging here)

Yep, do this. Also if you had been originally restricting carbs and "straying from your healthy diet" means you've been eating a lot more carbs, then that could result in water retention as well.
  • lookin_new
    lookin_new Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for the reply's