Any Body Media Link Users out there???

Options
I have had mine a week and love it. I am shocked at the calorie burn that I am getting during exercise and how much my daily activity makes a difference in my total calorie burn. Sunday I got a good workout, cleaned the house, played some bball, went for a short walk and burned over 3300 calories that day. Monday I rested so no workout, came to work and sat at a desk all day and only burned 2100 calories. What a difference. I thought I was only burning around 300 calories during a workout and I'm actually getting over 500!! It has already made me realize that I REALLY need to clean up my diet!! Like I didn't know that before. LOL.

Does anyone else have one of these awesome little toys and want to compare notes? I'm open to being friends or just comparing here if you want.

Replies

• insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I am a BMLink user and LOVE IT!!! Just as you mentioned it's awesome to see how much your body does actually burn in a day. That it can recognize all the activity and accounts for not only your workouts but you day to day activity. Walking around the office, doing laundry, etc.

Friend request sent :-)

Keep it up!! your progress is fantastic.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump... Because I'm sure we are not the only two who use this wonderful gadget??? :laugh:
  • pensarepink
    pensarepink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You might want to join the BodyMedia Fit group for more support.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5640-bodymedia-fit

BTW, I have a BodyMedia Fit and love data! It's a great way to determine a more accurate TDEE. That way you can eat more and still lose weight.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

BTW, I have a BodyMedia Fit and love data! It's a great way to determine a more accurate TDEE. That way you can eat more and still lose weight.

This! Love mine!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my third year of using it. I really wish it was a nicer wearable item. For first long while I wore mine on my are as instructed. Recently I have moved it to the inside of my bra band on the left side. It really doesn't seem to effect the accuracy.

Does everyone where their's on the arm?

Edited to add: Don't look at the pounds lost so far as a failure. I'm restarting. :/
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Got mine in Sept, wife has had hers since March. Feel it made a big difference in what and how we do stuff. Even the little things like parking at the far end of the lot because she needs to get her steps in, or noticing I will be 100+ below my daily goal suddenly means the dog gets a much longer walk/run before bed time.
    And also, because I can't lie to it...which goes both ways. Days I think I was doing a lot, and then seeing I didn't, and then other days when I was just putzing around...and then see I really did a lot.
    And who knew that going Xmas shopping burnt that many cals? (Take snacks so you do not hit the food court, and so you don't waste time standing in line)
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been using one for over a year and we're already friends, so compare away!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I didn't know there was a group. I will for sure look it up. Thanks!!!!