Any road cyclists using MyFitnessPal

pprendeville
pprendeville Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Interested in hearing from road cyclists using this to keep me motivated coming into winter. not as much time to cycle due to shorter evenings.

Replies

• misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    I've recently gotten really into cycling... I just got back from a 20 mile ride in fact, my longest ever :]
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Hi there you should check out the mfp cycling thread, loadsa people on the novices thru to road racers and loooonnnnngggg distance riders. I have a home trainer for those winter days (and other inclement days) yep I am a fairweather cyclist but one that got caught in a storm today- forecast did not include a raindrop!!!! Lol

Good luck n enjoy Debbie
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    There is a group of cyclists at: MFP Cycling Club - part 2
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Hi,

I bought a bike on Friday after about 18 years out.

Used to be quite into it as a teenager with regular 100+ mile trips.

Went for my first ride yesterday morning, felt a bit odd at first but got into it. Only did 16 miles but figured that would do for a first outing.

Will check out the cycling club page as I'm intending to get out as often as I can despite the weather.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    I am a cyclist, and my husband manages a bike shop. I try to ride 50 miles a week, but I have been down and out for the past month after a mean bout with kidney stones. I didn't know there were a group of MFP cyclists....I need to check that out. I like cycling because it is so much easier on my joints than some other sports. I am by no means a racer. I am starting to put a little money away with each pound lost and hope to do a bicycling tour across Cost Rica, or something like that when I attain my goal weight. It will be expensive, but I'm worth it!
  • From an Irish biker. Been on here for about 3 weeks. It's working!

About 100 miles pw...but will back off at end of September and use the bike only at weekends. I'll be happy to add any cyclist to my list, and we can keep an eye on one another!

Just a wee bit about me: http://kilkaroon.wordpress.com
    It's a sort of log of my attempts to be wheat and dairy free....plus lots of other bits and pieces too.

Paddy
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    16 miles is an awesome first ride after so many years! You should be proud and feel exhilerated. I like bicycling because i can cover alot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. I really enjoy ticking off the miles and seeing how far I can go.
This discussion has been closed.