Getting started...again

Options
shawmutt
shawmutt Posts: 74 Member
2014. The year will live in infamy. I brought home three pairs of size 38 pants today. For years I was size 36. I did real well with diet and exercise a couple years ago, and flirted with 34, but lost my momentum and went back to a solid 36. Today I could no longer deny my increasing waist. What a crappy wake up call.

Figuring out what happened is easy. I went from 3rd shift to 1st shift. With 1st shift work came many lunches out, feedings…I mean meetings, and more stress which for me is cured with chocolate. In addition, I restarted my education to finish a degree which adds more stress and subtracts time.

A major trigger for me is being tired and staying up long hours. After procrastinating all day I have to stay up late to get my work done. I’ve been tracking my sleep and found I average four to five hours a night—not enough for me.

The first phase of the great weight loss plan is getting more sleep. My average from the last seven days is now 7:03, with a goal of six to seven hours. So far so good, but I need to work on my productivity next to keep it up!

In the spirit of productivity, this will be the only place where I update my progress. I am committing to at least one post on this thread a month, hopefully with increasingly good reports. Wish me luck!

Replies