Hey MyFitnessPals

Options
I'm Lillian, and I'm fairly new to this whole weightloss thing. I used to be tiny, but about 3 years ago I got really sick and was bedridden all day, everyday for almost a year. I was home schooled during that time, and I was also on prednizone (a steroid) and a lot of other medications.
I'm currently 200 lbs. and a size 13
My overall goal is to be 165 lbs and a size 7 or so.
I'm a high school student, and I have a couple questions that maybe you guys could help me find the answer to.
I was wondering what the best thing to do cardio wise is at the gym.
Lately I've been using the stationary bike for 30-45 minutes, but I'm not sure if that's good enough. Would it be better to use the treadmill for 15 minutes (jogging & walking) then use the bike for 15 minutes as well? Also, I need some suggestions on good, low price dinner recipes and cold lunch meals that I can take to school.
Thank you!

Replies

• tygreen79
    Options
    I personally feel I get more of a workout using the elliptical at the gym. I feel like my whole body is moving and it's easier to track how many calories I'm losing. :smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Lillian:flowerforyou:
    First off welcome, since I think this is your first post, glad you're here! Ahh and also wanted to add, I love your name, I find it beautiful!:happy:

Do you have a pool at the gym? Sometimes they are the best for cardio, the water is so forgiving, far less impact on your joints, so many other good reasons to workout in a pool.

Unsure if your gym has one?

Becca:heart: