connection between weight loss and testosterone levels

Options
james6998
james6998 Posts: 743 Member
I was doing research the other day and it struck me. I have very high levels of testosterone which lead me to start thinking about weather or not it affects weight loss. After poking around a bit, noticed that I was not the only one that had thought about the relationship between the two. My wife has always had a very hard time losing weight. I never really had an issue when I put my mind to actually losing. My wife has very very low testosterone levels. One of the reasons are are not what you would call sexually compatible, but that's another story. The following article is just a small sample on the theory of idea.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=39281

If you think about it. As we get older our metabolism seems to slow down. No, it doesn't... So why do we find it easier to gain weight when we get older? Levels of testosterone go down as we age. Why does working out work so well for weight loss? Could it be that increasing levels of testosterone as a result of weight lifting could be the result. This would explain a lot about why diets don't work. Calorie counting still does, no question in my mind about that but if it was simple math, it would work the same for everyone. Not saying this is right or wrong, just consider if you have a hard time losing weight, maybe you have lower levels of testosterone. If for nothing else, it will make you think, that's all I wanted to share.
:heart:

Replies