Just starting out - hi everyone!

Hi all! I am new here. I've had an account before but I've been really unmotivated for awhile. I was into WW before I became pregnant in 2011 and doing OK with it - but then obviously that had to come to a half while I was pregnant. I didn't even gain much during that time and lost it all right away. But my pre-baby weight is still a huge amount of weight - and it needs to go!

I know this is going to be very hard for me. I make every excuse in the book and it seems like I sabotage myself constantly. My first day I ate cake with chocolate frosting and doritos for example. I really want to get in the habit again of at least writing down everything though so I can really see it - and face it - and see what the calories add up to at the end of a day for me.

Anyway - I hope this helps me. I have 50+ pounds to lose to be in a zone where I feel even halfway acceptable. But I would really like to lose more like 90. I feel like I'll be overweight forever and I'm so sick of it . Sorry, it's so hard for me to be positive. I've failed so many times. :cry:

Replies

• thekeelbystamps
    thekeelbystamps Posts: 27 Member
    Hi I'm new on here too - just make this your thing - do it for yourself - go girl, Jo
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Welcome to MFP! We are here for you! The best advice I can give you is have alot of supportive friends on MFP and get ride of junk food in your house. If it isn't there you most likely wont eat it. You can do this!!!! I just started 16days ago on my weight loss, tomorrow is weigh in day for me. Really excited to see the improvements on the scale and my clothes. I usually spend most of the day on Sundays preparing foods for the week! This helps me so much plus I portion out snacks and such. ADD ME! I will give you Support
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Hey welcome! I have had a MFP for a while but decided to really try around 2 1/2 weeks ago, my goal is about 50 pounds! Feel free to add me, you can't go wrong with lots of motivation and encouragement on here :)
  • Hi guys ! Im new too :] x
    Please may you check out my thread im just worried about his diet im starting
    Thanks x x
  • Hi guys ! Im new too :] x
    Please may you check out my thread im just worried about his diet im starting
    Thanks x x:flowerforyou:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    hi all good luck on reaching your goals!!
  • Been here a while as well but just now getting focused again (since i gained all my weight back). Anyone feel free to add me. I love friends that speak and keep eachother motivated.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Good luck. I've really found MFP to be a helpful tool. Supportive friends are the best!!!