Exercise w/o Any Gym Membership/At-Home Equipment

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I work out at home with my road bike and a kurt kinetic trainer.

For sub $2k you can get a pretty good setup going, then all you need is a tv and cable or chromecast and you're good to go.
  • CHexham
    Options
    There were some really good "bodyweight" and low tech equipment suggestions on here. Give those a couple months of serious effort before you spend money on a bike or treadmill. You likely won't need it; only get electronic gear if you want it and will enjoy it.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Until you can get equipment, you can try the 7-minute workout. No equipment needed, just a chair. If I am not doing another workout that day, I will usually do 3 or 4 rounds of this without stopping in between. It definitely gets your heart rate up. You can google for the time clock for it and that way you don't have to pay attention to a stopwatch, it will verbally count down for you on your computer.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
  • smoholland
    smoholland Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the others, Insanity would be a bit much for you at this point. I've done a number of programs and if you are ever interested in learning more about the beachbody programs, send me a message or connect on my facebook page and I'd be happy to help you out!
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    YAYOG
    Convict conditioning
    Nerdfitness

No equipment needed

This!!
    and http://strength.stack52.com/periodic-table-of-bodyweight-exercises/

I use nerdfitness - good basic routine to get started. After a couple weeks add other bodweight exercises for different parts of the body. I can work-out anywhere - gym, home,hotel, etc. - great workouts, and you can customize and change around so you don't get bored.

Have Fun!
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    (Commenting to save this thread to read later)