crunches

mkpeacock
mkpeacock Posts: 99
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok I do Crunches not sit-ups so when i log it in my exercise do I log as sit-up's?? I was just wondering because there isnt a thing for crunches....

Replies

• I would like to know the same thing
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    You can always enter your own information.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    I just log this as calisthenics, because sit-ups burn more calories than crunches.
  • Type in crunches and abdominal crunches should come up. Or just type in abdominal crunches. I just did it and it worked for me.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    If you log them under strength training exercises, 'Abdominal Crunches' is an option available. If you're trying to log under the cardio option, I would say your best bet is to add your own exercise so it gets saved and you can just check the box each time you do them. The best way to calculate what you burn is with a HRM that tracks calories. There are lots of factors such as using proper form, the speed at which you do them, the type of crunches, whether you do them after something like running or just do them starting cold, etc etc...it varies from person to person. Hope this helps!
  • Thank you all!!! I found another site that gave me basics on how many calories is burned from just reg old lay on the floor crunches I think I will just put it in for my self!!
This discussion has been closed.