Too weak to train?...

Options
hey all,

some of you may have seen my recent progress. I have been working on a 1,000 calorie deficit eating about 1720/day and exercising regularly. I'm currently doing the 30 day ab challenge as well as Insanity fast and furious most nights. However, after 2 weeks solid of doing this I did my ab challenge and when it came around to doing Insanity I felt too physically weak, my muscles were cramping and tight and I just couldn't force myself to do it?

Is it the diet? lack of energy? Am I pushing too hard? I've lost 12lb in 2 weeks thus far.

Regards,
Matt

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? Are you attending a wedding in 3 weeks?
  • Primeval_Princess
    Options
    I have been working on a 1,000 calorie deficit eating about 1720/day and exercising regularly. I'm currently doing the 30 day ab challenge as well as Insanity fast and furious most nights.

why?
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. Sounds like you've been hitting it pretty hard; have you taken any rest days? You may be overtraining and your body is telling you it needs a little break. And "rest" may be anything from making sure you're getting enough sleep every night, to taking a day off training. Doesn't necessarily mean no workout at all, just maybe some low-intensity walking or something similar.

Maybe you were a bit dehydrated. Maybe you didn't have enough protein that day (or carbs--you need fuel for those workouts). Maybe you're coming down with a cold or something. Sometimes we just have "off" days where the same workout we've done forever seems just too hard to get through.

I'd suggest looking at exactly what you ate/drank that day and compare it to the days prior (when you felt awesome) and see if there's any deficit in terms of macros or fluid intake. Rest a day. Get some sleep. See how you feel when you have fuel in the tank.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Crikey get some food down you..........you can't drive a car without fuel n same goes for your body
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yupp, working too hard and not consuming enough calories.

This isn't a race breh
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Eat some food for Christ sake. 1000 calorie deficit, and doing that amount of exercise? You might as well try to drive from LA to Vegas on half a tank of gas in a 67' GTO, it's just not enough fuel.

Rigger
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I've been there, and it's exactly what the others are saying. A body needs food to fuel workouts, and rest to recover from them. Slow down the weight loss a bit and things will probably get better quickly.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Whoa, maybe you should eat some of those exercise calories back? You're a man, did you know that men are supposed to eat a MIN of 1800 cals per day?

"The American College of Sports Medicine states that you shouldn't send signals to your body to conserve calories by detoxing or fasting. They recommend that women should eat at least 1,200 calories per day, and men should eat at least 1,800."

http://www.fitsugar.com/Why-1200-Calories-Day-Important-When-Dieting-13080864

Then you could eat back some of those exercise cals too.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If you're doing this for training, a competition, or a movie role or something that requires an extreme cut, that's one thing, but if it is just for aesthetics and personal accomplishment, you might want to consider taking intermittent breaks from such a regime. Maybe 5 days on 2 days off if you're going to insist on pushing like this.

Having no energy might be caused by glycogen depletion, iron deficiency, b-12 deficiency, too few calories....many things. Most of these things, however, are easily remedied by eating a little bit more.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm having the same issues. i pretty much decided it was because i have such a high calorie deficit. i have enough energy to really only go beast mode on 2 maybe 3 workouts a week. there's no way i can do 5-6 days of what i would consider moderately high intensity workouts.