BodyMedia FIT

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Thanks brittaney,I think I'll just give this a try. Did you buy it online or in store?

check your local 24 Hour Fitness locations. they are discontinuing the model that they sell there and they are getting rid of remaining inventory for 50-70% off until they are all gone.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That would be cool if you have a 24 Hr Fitness..
    We got ours from Best Buy online.
  • Bearmak
    Options
    I've had mine for close to a year and all I can say is...wow. Being big all my life I thought, "I don't need it...it's a waste of money." I was wrong. Of all the great things that come to mind, the biggest one is simply...it tracks everything that I do and gives me an unbiased gauge of what I really did, and what I have yet to do. Bottom line, it serves as my foundation to my lifestyle change. This coupled with myfitness pal + zumba...has been my key to a healthier path that's always eluded me.

I genuinely can't say enough good things about it. So much so that I purchased another for my wife whom depends on it as much as I do.

Lastly, at that time, i learned that several chains sold them, but costco included a year sub (don't remember specifics but it was significant). If you are thinking about it, you may want to check there first to save some money.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine since June 2013 and I love it. I find it to be really accurate. I got mine off of Ebay, lots of people buy them and don't like to wear something that other people can see or just aren't comfortable with the armband. Or have had them bought for them and don't want to try them.
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Been using mine about a year and a half, and I find it very accurate- like you said, the calorie numbers correlate well with what my weight is doing. The only thing it doesn't seem to record accurately (and the company acknowledges this) is cycling- in underestimates calories burned from riding the bike.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 3 years now (just can't give the thing up) and find it VERY accurate for calorie burn.. When I was losing (been at maintenance for almost 3 years now but usually have some vacation/holiday lbs to lose couple times/year), my lbs lost almost exactly worked out to my calorie deficit (3500 deficit = 1lb). It's a wonderful thing!!!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I bought a bodybugg a few years ago (same exact device, but syncing & tracking is via the 24 Hr Fitness website). Honestly, I HATED it. It didn't seem accurate, I didn't lose any weight when I ate what it told me to - it definitely overcalculated my calories burned. I finally lost weight again when I started ignoring the damn thing! Also, the device was around $200 but you have to keep paying monthly subscription fees forever - I dumped like $300-400 into it until I finally realized it wasn't helping me toward my goals AT ALL, and was just a huge money & time suck. If the syncing online was free forever after purchase, like fitbit, I'd still use it occasionally and compare it to my results, but it's completely useless without the expensive subscription. Didn't help me reach my goals, and the BodyBugg software & website was SO HORRIBLE! I've heard the BodyMedia Fit website is somewhat better. It's all too expensive & wasn't worth it for me.

Also, I hated the armband. I couldn't wear it with anything; it's a huge weird bulge even under sweaters (how can you wear that at work or out at night?!) and it's not accurate if it's in your pocket. Fail. I'll take my $40 Fitbit Zip forever!
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I purchased a black band and some "skins" for the body media from their website. I got a few of their breast cancer awareness ones, and a couple other fun ones. I don't mind wearing it when i'm out and about at work, store, or whatever. I have a few people ask me what it is, but i'm not embarrassed by it at all. I'm sure i'd leave it at home if i was out on a date with my other half, or something fancy. But I only do that sorta thing once in a blue moon. Although i could just put it on my leg and wear my "hooker boots" and have it not visible when i'm out too.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I want some hooker boots...
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Been using mine about a year and a half, and I find it very accurate- like you said, the calorie numbers correlate well with what my weight is doing. The only thing it doesn't seem to record accurately (and the company acknowledges this) is cycling- in underestimates calories burned from riding the bike.

when on a bike you have to move your armband down closer to your elbow and have the logo on the side of your arm instead of the back of your arm. I noticed this problem and upon researching it on the website this was their recomendation and it made a difference.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my BMF. It is so accurate it is scary. I don't care about the armband because IDGAF what anyone else thinks.

Ummm...I think you misread my question....I could give a fuk less about people's thoughts, I just wanted to know if it was comfortable and fit on fat arms.

There are 3 sizes you can order and the website will give you inches so you can measure and then order the one that would best fit you.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The pic is bigger than i thought it would be lol But here's my fancy band! lol

20140131_235347_zpsyb2bn3bh.jpg