working out, eating clean and NOT losing weight....help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So if I need to bump up my TDEE, how is a person suppose to reach that many calories while eating clean food?

You do not need to eat clean.

Get a good variety of nutrient dense foods - the balance can be whatever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    So if I need to bump up my TDEE, how is a person suppose to reach that many calories while eating clean food?
    TDEE is total daily energy expenditure. You DON'T need to bump your TDEE, you just need to consume less than your TDEE to lose weight. So whatever your TDEE is eat 250 calories less than that (since you only have little to lose).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am eating around 1200 calories. I am not weighing food, but that is a good call perhaps I should start....at least for awhile to get an accurate idea of portion size. Something is not adding up!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have found that not eating enough (minimum calorie to lose) results in a plateau for me. Once I add in a few more calories, I start to lose again. You want to be sure you are accurately measuring your calorie/food intake as well as accurately recording your activity. Good luck!!

There might be a temporary plateau but you will lose weight if you are actually not eating enough, there's no way around it.

I think the OP is probably either overestimating calories burned, or underestimating calories consumed.. you can get way with that while you have a lot to lose, but once you get down to that last 10 lbs or so you have to make sure you are accurate as possible.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You've already got a ton of good responses on the thread. Get a food scale, weigh your food, and log accurately. Also, if you insist on using your HRM for hot yoga, don't eat all of those exercise calories because it's going to be an overestimate.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary.

You need to start weighing your food. You can get a decent scale for 15bucks at a walmart.
    Also you go over on your sugar pretty often.. I would start to watch that closer.. When I am going over on sugar a lot.. my weight loss slows (Even if everything else is good )

I saw you missed a few days logging.. you really should do it every day so its habit.
  • I have the same issue except I am not eating clean 100 percent of the time. I just had a thyroid test done recently because if I ate less than 1500 calories and exercised as much as I am currently doing, i would have dropped 5 lbs by now. I am still tracking but it's getting discouraging.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Based on your meals listed, I am not even sure you are hitting 1200 calories, especially if you are not weighing or even counting the amount of almonds you eat. Plus crossfit and hot yoga, your body needs fuel to sustain that, you probably need to eat more. I also do crossfit, but I try to eat at least 1700 calories a day. Days I don't workout I eat around 1500. I also drink around a Gallon of water each day.

Good luck
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am eating around 1200 calories. I am not weighing food, but that is a good call perhaps I should start....at least for awhile to get an accurate idea of portion size. Something is not adding up!

You have logged (partially logged from the looks of it) 11 days since December 2nd and nothing before that. You are not weighing or measuring the food you do log so you cannot say how much you are actually eating.

Log your food consistently. Weigh where possible, measure where not.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Time to tighten those boot straps and get more serious, weigh and measure everything.