Another New Member

dharlan
dharlan Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there. I am two weeks away from turning 30 and after being overweight my entire life I decided it was time for a change. I had a sit down with my doctor last week and have now come up with a plan of attack to get into shape. I have failed many times in the past at trying to get healthy but primarily due to trying to do it all on my own. I am fortunate in the fact that I am doing this with my wife but I know support is a huge factor in having success. I don't have many people other than my wife to help keep me accountable and motivated so I figured this is a great place to try and fill that need. I have been at it for almost a week now and have already lost 10lbs through counting calories and exercise. I still have a long way to go but I didn't gain all this weight over night so I can't expect to lose it instantly either. The bottom line is I am in it for the long haul.

Replies

• trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    It's good that you've got your wife to help you. My fiance and I tried to be healthy buddies but I always feel bad telling him not to eat things so I don't, and he's not very forceful with me either. That's why I'm here. Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.