Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Log it.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I just log it... I'd rather know where I stand. However, I just got back from vacation in Mexico and I did not log... I didn't want to even think about it!
  • Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just logged my bad day and it wasn't as bad as I thought, only 200 calories over so not disastrous!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's totally personal choice. If you believe it will help you keep on track, or if you want to see if your weekly calories still work out to a deficit, then do it.

If you feel it will discourage you to see it there in your log, then just move on.

Do what works for you.
  • ArtsyGarbage
    Options
    I log it because I don't allow myself to have any denial. Knowledge is power c:
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Is this really an earth shattering problem for someone who only wants to lose 8lbs and only has 3 to go? LOL
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Is this really an earth shattering problem for someone who only wants to lose 8lbs and only has 3 to go? LOL

Might be even more relevant for someone trying to whittle off a little bit. But OP logged and ended up 200 over. So shrugs.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It was relevant to the OP's experience, whether 'earth shattering' or not. Why does the distance from the goal make a difference?
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Log everything. It gives you an idea of what has happened later on down the road.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    So if you have a bad day and have a bit of a binge or you have a cheat meal, do you log it or do you just start fresh the next day? Is it good to log it so you can see where you went wrong or is logging it just too discouraging?

Yes, I log it.

Then I can go back and see what things throw me off track.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I'm just going out for a special meal with my buddies or Hubs, I guesstimate and do my best to log it all good or bad. However, there are the rare occassions when I can't be bothered. Say I'm away from home spending time with good friends and/or family, I don't want to spend a bunch of time on the computer or my phone trying to log things that aren't the usual and anaylzing recipes so I just make the best choices I can food-wise, get in some activity and hope it works out in the end. The most important thing IMHO is getting right back on track when you do get back to normal life.

Most of the time a random cheat meal isn't going to mess up your progress too much but it may affect the scale for a few days due to high sodium and they are easy to forget a week or so later if you don't at least log something (like a food diary note saying "away from home, not logging)

This^^. There are days I just go overboard but if I'm at home and really know what I had, I log it or make a best guess. But this weekend we have a big event where I will be gone all day, eating every single meal out (and all buffets!) so I'm not even going to attempt it. I am sure I will be over for that day but I've worked out like a fiend the past two weeks gearing up for it so there won't be much damage. And I will be tight back at it on Monday. (Pretty sure I will need Sunday as a "rest" day!)