Help with plateau

Options
Friends, I have hit a plateau.

I am eating about 1200 calories a day (of which, 100g is protein). I measure everything with a scale.
I am walking 10K steps on weekdays and 5K steps on weekends.
I am weight training 2x a week.
I am also doing 10 minute interval training (walk + run) 2x a week.
I drink 10-12 glasses of water every day.
I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

The next thing I am planning on trying is increasing total calorie intake. Any other ideas?

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I agree with increasing your calories a bit & see if that does the trick.

When I hit a mini plateau, which happens every 2 months or so, I eat closer to maintenance for a few days, maybe a week. Then BAM! I start losing weight again. I refeed my body every so often & I've found that it has helped. Good luck!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    1200 is the bare recommended to still be safe for sedentary woman - that doesn't sound anywhere near sedentary.

Why aren't you using MFP as it's designed before you decide your method is better?

Or are you actually eating more than 1200?

If you want the exercise to actually be useful for improving the body, your body can't do that if it thinks it's not even getting enough energy for basics of life.

With less than 20 lbs, sure hope you changed the weight loss goal to 1 lb weekly. With a lot to lose you can lose faster and it may still be mainly fat.
    That won't be the case if you push your luck later on.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've seen a drop on the scale?

Have you recalculated your numbers lately?

Have you done anything to increase your exercise lately (which could be causing some extra water weight)?
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

When I hit a mini plateau, which happens every 2 months or so, I eat closer to maintenance for a few days, maybe a week. Then BAM! I start losing weight again. I refeed my body every so often & I've found that it has helped. Good luck!

I'm in a bit of a plateau myself, I only planned to eat 1800-2000 calories today which I've done...I can't do it for a week! Haha I'll see what happens tomorrow.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I'm in a bit of a plateau myself, I only planned to eat 1800-2000 calories today which I've done...I can't do it for a week! Haha I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I hope eating closer to maintenance for a day or so helps! Also, changing up your workout routines helps too! Good luck!