100 lbs in 1 year

Options
Anyone else looking to lose a 100 lbs this year?

Looking for friends in the same situation for motivation/support

Replies

• Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey A. I was just told by my doctor today to be down by a certain weight at my next appt. I have AT LEAST 80 to lose, 100 or so to get to where I need to be. This has been a hard battle. I'm in. Feel free to friend me. I need all to SURROUND myself with people in this battle. This May will be my 40th birthday and I need this for me. Finally.
  • kikisalander
    kikisalander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose at least 100. I can definitely use friends doing the same thing.
  • the_Tallguy
    the_Tallguy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is totally possible. My friend lost 115lbs in a year. You can do it. Go for the gold. You can add me if you want. Good luck
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me-I am doing the same! :D We can do this!
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    I honestly thought I was the only one with a goal like this! My birthday is October 2nd and I want to lose 100lbs by then :-) So, that gives me 10 months instead of 12 but it averages at 10lbs a month. I think this is doable :-) I'm in!! Add me and we can keep traceach others progress and encourage eachother
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose. I'm down 85 but still have more to go. Feel free to add me.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds naturally in 9 months. I've been down the road and walked in your shoes. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    you can do it. I did.
  • Sherigarica
    Sherigarica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying this too, I was able to drop 45 pounds last year prior to having back surgery, since being home and recovering I have added almost 20 back on, doing physical therapy now and walking on my own and really trying to get the food right (again) would love the support and encouragement of others. Best of luck everyone, WE WILL DO IT!
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be down 100lbs this time next year! The more support the better I think! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • jd0jones
    Options
    Definitely possible, I lost 120 lbs using nothing but MFP and a running app. You can do it!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This seems way too fast to me - but I am happy to support you as long as you do this in a healthy way. It takes time to lose in a healthy manner - and averaging more than 2 pounds per week is not healthy (it is jan 23 already). There will be setbacks. There will be plateaus. You can get there - just maybe not this fast. Men can do it - woman have a harder time (and it gets harder every year)unless they have had surgery. And the day you finish losing and the day after that day you will have to do the same thing you did all the days before- its not really even a journey (don't believe the hype) it has no destination - it is day after day of eating right, moving and sleeping.
  • JewelsinBigD
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose. I'm down 85 but still have more to go. Feel free to add me.
    She has lost 85 in 2 years...healthy
  • JewelsinBigD
    Options
    you can do it. I did.
    Male
  • JewelsinBigD
    Options
    Definitely possible, I lost 120 lbs using nothing but MFP and a running app. You can do it!
    Male
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    YES
    :explode:
  • Belinda170
    Belinda170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 146 pounds. I'm planning on losing 80 this year (started 12/27) and then losing the rest. Basically I would like to be around my goal by 2016 when I turn 40.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Do-able.. Did-able, well close to a year that is.

Good luck and anytime you need a friend, let me know :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    This seems way too fast to me - but I am happy to support you as long as you do this in a healthy way. It takes time to lose in a healthy manner - and averaging more than 2 pounds per week is not healthy (it is jan 23 already). There will be setbacks. There will be plateaus. You can get there - just maybe not this fast. Men can do it - woman have a harder time (and it gets harder every year)unless they have had surgery. And the day you finish losing and the day after that day you will have to do the same thing you did all the days before- its not really even a journey (don't believe the hype) it has no destination - it is day after day of eating right, moving and sleeping.
    I thought the same thing. When you start out that heavy, yes you can lose 10 pounds a month, but as you lose more weight, that number will become signifigantly lower. I'm not saying it can't be done, but i'd hate to see someone set themselves up for failure with such big numbers. I think 60-70 is more reasonable in a year's time.
  • pepin1224
    pepin1224 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey this is my goal as well! i just started this week. feel free to add me.