So many new terms....

Options
So I am new to the forums and I noticed some words or phrases being used. Can someone tell me the meaning of...

Keyboard warriors
Wolf Pack
Troll
IDEE

We need a cheat sheet for these things. There probably actually is one..but I can't find it.

Replies

• LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    I know what a few of those terms mean. I'll refer you to web links though. They do a much better of explaining than I would.

Keyboard warrior - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keyboard warrior

Troll - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Wolf pack - Not sure of the context this word was used in, but here's what urban dictionary had to say about that - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wolf+pack

IDEE - I have never heard of this term and am interested in finding out what it means also. Couldnt find anything on google.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the sticky with the abbreviations/acronyms http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6

I'd bet what you saw was TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). At the top of this board, there are lots of very helpful stickies for your journey. They are "stuck" there to make them easy to find. Actually there are good ones on each section of the forum. Hope you find some of them helpful!:bigsmile:
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    maybe OP meant TDEE? = total daily energy expenditure.

oops ... callan answered it already

kage <<< --- to slow to type. old fart!
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Yes I did mean TDEE thanks!
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wait until you learn what FUPA means.......Thanks to MFP I now know.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Hahaha I think I already know what that means.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So I am new to the forums and I noticed some words or phrases being used. Can someone tell me the meaning of...

Keyboard warriors
    Wolf Pack
    Troll
    IDEE

We need a cheat sheet for these things. There probably actually is one..but I can't find it.

Wolf pack (I think) is the proposed name for a posse on this site that consider calorie counting and macros with no regard for micronutrients. They have all been very successful and wear little clothing.
    Options
    Umm I couldn't find and a FUPA in the form sticky. So what is it mean? Message me with what it means if it's not civil to mention in a public forum post. Curiosity is killing the cat.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Umm I couldn't find and a FUPA in the form sticky. So what is it mean? Message me with what it means if it's not civil to mention in a public forum post. Curiosity is killing the cat.

Yes, what does FUPA mean????
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Yes, what does FUPA mean????
    Be careful. The Wolf pack may peg us as noobs for not knowing that one. I have no idea either.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Keyboard warriors
    Wolf Pack
    Troll
    IDEE

Wolf pack (I think) is the proposed name for a posse on this site that consider calorie counting and macros with no regard for micronutrients. They have all been very successful and wear little clothing.

I think you'll find they have great regard for micro-nutrients. They just don't believe you get bonus points for getting more than you need. I know this, because I'd consider myself one of them, though relatively inactive on the boards.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Keyboard warriors
    Wolf Pack
    Troll
    IDEE

I think you'll find they have great regard for micro-nutrients. They just don't believe you get bonus points for getting more than you need. I know this, because I'd consider myself one of them, though relatively inactive on the boards.

^ this.

OP, I'm sure you have figured out that "wolf pack" is a derogatory term for some people on here.
    I'm confident that you're a grown adult and adequately capable of making your own mind up about individual MFP members.

Welcome aboard.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Btw, the term "FUPA" is probably easily found on Urban Dictionary.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    A fupa is when a person has fat over their pubic area causing a front bump in addition to your regular belly.
    Options
    I'll be danged, so it was on Urban dictionary. But someone messaged me and so I know what it means now lol.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I saw a prime example of it recently on Channel 4 (4OD UK Network ) on a show Called Baggy Body. Apparently the women named it Fred. Reminded me of a South Park episode I saw a while back.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Wow that is crazy that a group that people recognize even formed considering the amount of people on this site. This is very interesting.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Wow that is crazy that a group that people recognize even formed considering the amount of people on this site. This is very interesting.

If you mean the "wolf pack", its not a formally established group.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    I know. I have just seen it mentioned in many posts. Whatever it is people are recognizing it.