Tomorrow is going to so hard

Options
5 years ago on September 7th, a beautiful boy came into our lives, my son's birthday. But also on the same day 1 year ago a piece of my heart was taken forever when my daddy got called home, I know he is watching over us and I love him and miss him greatly every day! :( It is a hard day, because I need to be happy for my son, but so sad and miserable over losing my dad. Sucks!

Replies

• BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Aw, Dasha, happy birthday to your son. And I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Be as strong as you can, but remember it's ok to still grieve, do what you need to do to take care of you and your family. **Huge HUGS** to you :heart: Bru
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    5 years ago on September 7th, a beautiful boy came into our lives, my son's birthday. But also on the same day 1 year ago a piece of my heart was taken forever when my daddy got called home, I know he is watching over us and I love him and miss him greatly every day! :( It is a hard day, because I need to be happy for my son, but so sad and miserable over losing my dad. Sucks!

I sooo know what you are feeling.....I was also very close with my dad and he passed away this past New Years Eve, I will never look at that day the same way again....but so sorry it is on your son's birthday.....take a moment for your dad and then celebrate with your beautiful boy, I'm sure that is what your dad would have wanted......I will be thinking of you tomorrow with all my heart..:heart:
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    Hey, I lost my mother at age 76 four years ago and I know that is difficult. But I still have my three GROWN boys and they bring alot of joy274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,699 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in my thoughts. I too lost my father a little over a year ago (last August), and my son's birthday reminds me of my dad. Their birthdays were three days apart, and we always celebrated them together. This last April, we celebrated my son's 15th birthday and my dad's 73rd, even though he wasn't with us. It is hard, but it's hard because we loved our dads so much, and what a lovely gift they gave us. Much love to you.
  • grandnana
    Options
    If it is possible, take your son with you to where your Dad is and let him share in your favorite memories of your father. It will make him feel special to be included in your feelings and it might ease your saddness by not being alone. After this outing spend the rest of your day celebrating life. Luv, Grandnana
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful day with your son. I know it will be difficult to deal with the sadness of losing your father and the joy of your son's birthday all at once but I have faith in you. If you need to disappear into the bathroom and have a cry, let it out and go back to your son with renewed joy.

I'm here if you need me.
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    ((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))) Im so sorry for your loss...i lost my mama 5 years ago and while things get somewhat better, i'll always cry on her birthday, anniversary...etc....thinking of you.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Tommy will understand as he grows that the day has a double meaning for you. Honor Dad's memory and love your kids with all your heart. It will be okay. If you need anything, you know who to call. :D I love you.