Hello, I'm me :D

Options
I've been on MFP on and off (mostly off, to be honest) for years. This time I'm recruiting friends and family to join me, and figured while I'm at it I'd delurk, in the hopes that being more out there will give me a bit of a boost to stick with it.

Bit about me: I'm 40, married, and mother to a wonderful almost 8 yr old boy. My son was diagnosed with autism when he was 3, and the last almost 5 years have been a maze of therapies, schools, programs, etc. And during the course of it, I turned to food food food for comfort. I gained a LOT of weight. We're in a pretty good place now, and he's doing great. A number of my friends have very much gotten into this 'clean eating' thing, and it got me looking at what I've been eating and how much. So a few days ago I bit the bullet and started logging my food myself, to realize just how far out there I was! So now I'm tracking calories and once I feel like I've got the food part down, I'll start upping my exercise. I've been hungry every day since reducing my intake, but it's a little easier to deal with every day, and really it can only get better from here :laugh:

Now over all I'm not in a huge rush to get the weight off, it took years to put on, it could take a while to get off. I guess my primary goal right now is just sticking with it. Every day.

Edited for spelling. *sigh*

Replies