Pictures Don't Lie- 100 DAYS!

Options
tindy5799
tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
I'm 5'7" and started at 162. I'm down to 145 ish. It's REALLY hard to lose weight when you are already sort of in shape and have less than 30 pounds to lose so I'm hoping this will be inspiring to those of you in similar positions. It was so hard for me to see any progress when I was doing this so I started taking pictures.

I plan to lose 10 more pound and add back muscle slowly. I know this isn't a "success" story because I'm only halfway done. I've lost about 4 inches total with a LOT of heavy lifting.

Before:

2guh93m.jpg

Current:
2itssps.jpg

4iyeps.jpg

vwy7g0.jpg

Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome! :drinker:
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You're doing great!
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is the situation I'm in, too! Thank you so much for posting, you look great -- keep it up!

And also, I love those black and pink shorts. :D
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looking real good!!!!
  • Momof2boys2009
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look amazing!!

This is very inspiring for me as I am currently at the weight I want to maintain (114 pounds), I just want to be more toned and have less fat (I have the typical "mom midsection" from having two kids). I know I will see results a lot slower than most, but seeing this helps keep me motivated!
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you were 100 days ago - Thank you for posting these!!! :) I'm officially motivated.
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! You are an inspiration to me. I only have about 12 lbs to go. I also started lifting about 2 months ago. I'm hoping I get good results like you did. Keep it up.
  • daniyelle_
    daniyelle_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great results!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • tindy5799
    Options
    Thanks guys! I just wanted to point out how hard it is to SEE changes. Nothing looks different to me in the mirror on most days but I can see the results in pictures and I can see it in how my jeans fit.

Keep plugging away if you're just starting out, it's amazing how far 100 days will get you. I can't wait for another 100 days to show even more.

Some of you have been messaging and asking so most days I eat about 1500-1700 calories, and sometimes more if I lifted a lot. I believe in eating enough to repair muscle and get stronger. I eat whatever I want as long as I'm getting decent protein. I do the Stronglifts 5x5 program for weight lifting but I modify some of it. I'm squatting about 70 lbs right now and deadlifting 150 for 5 sets of 5 reps. I started at zero pounds! I try to increase by 5 lbs a week.
  • tindy5799
    Options
    This is the situation I'm in, too! Thank you so much for posting, you look great -- keep it up!

And also, I love those black and pink shorts. :D

I got them from Khols for $5 haha!
  • tindy5799
    Options

This is very inspiring for me as I am currently at the weight I want to maintain (114 pounds), I just want to be more toned and have less fat (I have the typical "mom midsection" from having two kids). I know I will see results a lot slower than most, but seeing this helps keep me motivated!

Lift weights. Your weight might not budge but the fat will melt away and I do mean like melt.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Looks the same to me! and both look great!
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Lift weights. Your weight might not budge but the fat will melt away and I do mean like melt.

i have started at 164lbs currently at 156.6 however i had a c/section so have quite a flabby stomach, i go to a gym where we do programmes that combine strength cardio and abs. But i was wondering how weights helps with fat loss? btw you look fantastic
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is exactly where I am. I am already in shape cardiovascularly and strength wise. I have a ton of muscle under one nice layer of fat. It tis very hard for me to loose weight and stick to it. I loose 10 lbs and I feel awesome, then kinda stall out. I started the new year at 197 @ 5'10" and my goal is to get down to 165 which puts me in a size 8 pants. I feel amazing at that weight/size. It's just hard to get there.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    awesome! I think that's what I need to do is take pictures... cus since we see ourselves every day its so hard to see the gradual difference. awesome job!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can definitely see a difference!
  • tindy5799
    Options

i have started at 164lbs currently at 156.6 however i had a c/section so have quite a flabby stomach, i go to a gym where we do programmes that combine strength cardio and abs. But i was wondering how weights helps with fat loss? btw you look fantastic

You should google New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a great book with a training program. Weights help preserve muscle mass which is ultimately going to determine how your body looks when the fat is gone. You will look more "toned" as women like to put it. I lose more inches with lifting than I did with just dieting.
  • tindy5799
    Options
    This is exactly where I am. I am already in shape cardiovascularly and strength wise. I have a ton of muscle under one nice layer of fat. It tis very hard for me to loose weight and stick to it. I loose 10 lbs and I feel awesome, then kinda stall out. I started the new year at 197 @ 5'10" and my goal is to get down to 165 which puts me in a size 8 pants. I feel amazing at that weight/size. It's just hard to get there.

You can do it! I'm still getting there too.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look great! Even though you looked good before, I can certainly see a difference. Nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!