What Changes During Maintenance?

Options
Hello,

I am still working on losing but I was wondering if any of the ladies have noticed any changes that have taken place since you have entered maintenance . . . I get the boob thing, according to my doctor they will fill up some once I stop losing (I so hope so) but I was also wondering if your feet change? I have gone from a size 8 to a size 7 and I am wondering if this is a permanent change?

Thanks

Replies

• tvilla73
    Options
    I am not sure on the shoe size change ( I assume if you had extra weight in your feet and have lost it they should stay the same size, however just like most clothing, ect., numbers are sometimes just numbers. Not all brands are true so the "new 7" could still be a "8" in another brand or style) but generally in any weight loss journey you will "shrink". "Shrinking" or weight loss will make your entire body change, depending on the amount you lose firmness of breasts and tightness of skin will be affected.

During maintenance your body should re-find its balance of water weight and glycogen stores and other factors that are affected when your body is in a weight loss phase.

Once you are steadily in maintenance for a few weeks you will notice any change that will be happening.

I hope the journey continues to go good for you!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My shoe size change is permanent, but I have very high arches.

Changes? You get to eat more! Your skin tones up. I kept losing inches, although not weight, even though I am not a gym bunny. Other people say that didn't happen to them.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    I kept losing inches. Also my clothes kept getting looser. Wish I hadn't bought all those new jeans.:huh: because they are all too big for me now, and I bought them in maintenance. My face has gotten thinner.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    I'm not at maintenance yet, but have lost a lot of weight. My feet went from a 10WW to a 9.5M. That is what they were before I gained the weight, so I think this is permanent.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I kept losing inches. Also my clothes kept getting looser. Wish I hadn't bought all those new jeans.:huh: because they are all too big for me now, and I bought them in maintenance. My face has gotten thinner.

This also happened to me for a month after eating at maintenance (in doing my weight loss in stages. First stage was a year ago now im finishing the rest)

Besides that there wasn't much difference, I was doing it fat2fit version where you eat the calories for your goal weight which meant I didn't have to worry about increasing calories. No huge changes in water weight either since everything started the same eating and exercise wise.

I didn't lose any boob and I did lose 1 shoe size which has stayed constant
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've gone down a shoe size and stayed there. I've also lost 2 pants sizes since I start maintenance, but that's due to recomping.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here on the still losing inches. Two years of maintenance under my belt :)
  • ModQuad
    ModQuad Posts: 20
    Options
    I've been up and down (and up and down) in my weight my entire adult life, but since maintaining for a while I've noticed my shoe size has permanently gone down .5 a size (guess I never previously kept the lbs off long enough to go through a shoe rotation!) and since maintaining my boobs haven't gone back to their old size (faaaaar from it) but they have plumped/perked up a bit (w/o weight gain). My wedding band also doesn't fit any more but I don't want to have it resized in case my finger size fluctuates in maintenance, so I'm going with an insert for now.