kettlebell workouts how do you track calories burned?

Options
I have been thinking about kettlebell workouts, has anyone tried them and how do you track calories burned?

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting is far more effective, but MFP is difficult for lifting calories.
  • texastoes
    texastoes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't find ANYTHING that tracks exericse on this forum! HELP
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is untrue. Kettlebells use stability muscles not targeted by normal weight training. It burns fat faster, increases cardio vascular health, and builds muscle. Kettlebells is one of the most effective workouts there is that has been around for centuries.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like kettle bell workouts and they do wear you out with that swing. But this MFP calorie burn tracking is so flawed. Is there a way of just putting in the calories burned yourself overriding the ones in the system? Like the treadmill speed is calculated on the machine with calories burned, more exact than what is listed. Besides, I see people running like rabbits and there incline is ZERO and my minimum is Level 5. I rather go slower with incline pumped up 10 to 15 . My purpose is work them Glutes. I don't buy back the calories with food anyways so does not matter in my diet. I do the calorie counts for exercise FYI myself.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

for what?

If you are working at a fairly high HR and need to have rests every now and again, I'd include it as circuit training.

If you are using them for low rep ranges 12 and under then I'd include it as strength training.
  • evamclaughlin9
    evamclaughlin9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Someone has suggested that I use this website, http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=306