illness and calories

Options
The past couple of days I've been sick. Like really sick. Headaches, runny nose, aching muscles, tiredness. The works.

I've also been having a really hard time getting all my calories. From what I keep reading, we use more calories when we're sick, so we need to make sure to replenish them. How worried about this do I need to be?

Do I need to force myself to eat more?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, if you get derailed for a few days due to life or illness it won't matter in the long run. Get back to it in a day or two when you feel better . . . but please get in LOTS of fluids in the meantime.
    Hope you feel better asap!
  • kelseysmommy
    Options
    You may try drinking Gatorade or some other sports drink between water, it's important to stay hydrated and sometimes you can flush it out that way. The sports drinks will have extra calories without forcing yourself to eat more. You may also consider adding a couple of crackers to your soup!

Hope you get to feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the advice and good wishes. Lol, now to send my boyfriend out for Gatorade. :)
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I would not worry about it if your sick, its not gonna kill ya :) Just eat light and get lotsss of sleep and water :)
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I never think it's agood idea to force yourself to eat, you just end up feeling even more crappy.

Make sure you get plenty of fluids (Gatorade was a great suggestion), get lots of rest and feel better soon.