Calling all you juicers! Calorie/Nutrients question for you

Options
I just bought a juicer and I'm in love. It's a great way to get tons of nutrients in easily. HOWEVER, I like to track my calories and nutrients here on MFP, but don't know how to go about doing it. Obviously, since all the pulp is gone, a juiced cucumber/apple/mango/whatever isn't going to be the same as a whole one.

How do all you juicers out there go about logging your juice?

Thanks in advance~

Replies

• seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    replace the juicer with a blender :) (I want the whole thing, not just the sugar water inside it)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I make occasional batches of juice, and if I go for accurate logging, I take the grams of fiber in the fruit, multiply by 4, then subtract that from the total number of calories in the juice (by doing a quick-add negative calories). Unfortunately, there is no quick add fiber, so I remind myself to up my fiber by the number lost in the juice.
  • edillene
    edillene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with seamonster120. You definitely don't want to remove all the pulp. That's the fiber that is so good for you! Use a blender or better yet, return the juicer and get a Vitamix. Much healthier. If you use all of the fruit and veggies then it will be easy to make a recipe to get your nutrients and calories.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    chezjuan had a good suggestion about calculation. I'm glad you're enjoying your new juicer. After tasting entirely fresh homemade juice, I will never go back to buying it in the store again. And I love the freedom of being able to manipulate the ingredients to make it the perfect beverage to go with whatever I'm having for breakfast.