Whats the main key to succesful weight-loss?

Options
I find, if i keep myself really busy, wether it be house-work, going for a walk, reading, drawing, anything that keeps my mind active, i tend to not give in to cravings. Also kepeing in a routine, waking up at the same time daily, going to bed at the same time , making sure i get plenty sleep etc is 100% the key to keeping weight off alongside a healthy eating plan and excercise. I also find by having no snacks help aswell. We dont need snacks. Think back to the olden days, people didnt snack, and they worked like trogans. I think we have been programmed into haivng snacks x

Replies

• callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” (Henry Ford) ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!! That's the key. You need to know you can do it. You can. Anyone can. MFP is a wonderful tool to help you find the right calories for you so you can lose weight in a healthful way. If you follow the plan, it works. Weight loss boils down to eating less and moving more. The rest of it is all mental. You have to believe you can achieve your goal and find yourself worthy of the effort it takes to change. Again, attitude is everything!

(Also, watch the forums for people who answer questions and are generally helpful. These are good folks to send a friend request. Make sure when you send a friend request you leave a short message as to why you would like to be friends. Similar goals, same age, etc are all things that will catch someone's eye and make them more likely to accept your request. Your pals are the ones who will support your efforts, answer your questions, and kick your butt when you need it. :bigsmile: )
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The key really is having confidence in yourself and consistency. If you have both, then you have everything you need.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Simplicity and patience.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The main key is maintaining a deficit.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    The key really is having confidence in yourself and consistency. If you have both, then you have everything you need.

what she said...good luck
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The commitment to focus on the things that matter. The only "key" to successful weight loss is a calorie deficit. Getting so caught up in the details and labels that you lose the ability to maintain the calorie deficit is the downfall of many.
  • Slippyslope
    Slippyslope Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me it's planning. I plan out my food the night before. I do tweak thinks a bit from time to time, but it's easy to swap out an apple for a pear.

Planning keeps me from running out of time to prepare healthy foods and then turning to fast food, or just garbage foods. Not that you can't lose weight on them, but I can't because they don't fill me, so I over eat.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Organization and determination!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    consistency
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    maintain a calorie deficit.
  • outofworkpediatrician
    Options
    i think the key is calorie intake control. if you do not control it, no amount of exercise could help. like op, i find it easier to control cravings if i kept myself busy. also i tend to get hungry and end up eating some junk if i stay up late (to watch movies, or reading etc).